Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Siam Mods Cobra problems....tight draw? too tight!

Siam Mods Cobra problems....tight draw? too tight!

hey guys. this is not my first gennie style atty have a ZAP. but when i build thing, everything was fine, ohms up to 1.3 ohms not hot spots. everything is fine. capillary action on the wick was all good, then put the top cap on, aligned the airhole with the wick (guessing it works with the same concept as ZAP does), and tight draw. ridiculously tight that its impossible to even smoke it.

any one has the same problem? used the mesh and wire given by them. the mesh is a snug fit with 4/5 coils around it. given wire was 20 gauge. any ideas!

Hey chematty, it's because the airhole of the cobra is heaps smaller than the zap.

by .2mm am i right? but that draw seems tight and feels like im doing something wrong! it feels like sucking on a blocked straw!

NO! I think your drip tip is blocking the hole at the top... check it and let us know.
    Stomp and davee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dvietrod View Post
    NO! I think your drip tip is blocking the hole at the top... check it and let us know.
    Had that exact problem on an AGA with one of my drip tips..
    Stomp likes this.

Hmmm if I'm not wrong, it has a 1.0mm airhole.

fudge is right, cobra has a 1mm air hole while ZAP has 1.5mm.

Tops : AC9 / Cobra / Kayfun Lite / Killer 705 / SS Steam Turbine
    Bottoms : Atmizoo Roller SS-IM / Super T Precise ELA
    Lists : Senesis

Super Moderator
    The cobra does indeed have a very tight draw, but due to the size of it's cap, it's by far the most flavourful bar the g-bell/line attys.

Not sure a bigger airhole would do much justice to it but i'm not 100% sure it'd make much more of a difference bar create more vapour tbh.

What's the issue apart from a tight draw yuujin?

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    The cobra does indeed have a very tight draw, but due to the size of it's cap, it's by far the most flavourful bar the g-bell/line attys.

Not sure a bigger airhole would do much justice to it but i'm not 100% sure it'd make much more of a difference bar create more vapour tbh.

What's the issue apart from a tight draw yuujin?
    some people may face multiple hot spots if you dont use the drill bit method.
    i myself use a barely oxidised wick and it works perfectly. (just make sure you pulse it to get the coils glowing evenly after you insert the wick)

Tops : AC9 / Cobra / Kayfun Lite / Killer 705 / SS Steam Turbine
    Bottoms : Atmizoo Roller SS-IM / Super T Precise ELA
    Lists : Senesis

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chematty View Post
    hey guys. this is not my first gennie style atty have a ZAP. but when i build thing, everything was fine, ohms up to 1.3 ohms not hot spots. everything is fine. capillary action on the wick was all good, then put the top cap on, aligned the airhole with the wick (guessing it works with the same concept as ZAP does), and tight draw. ridiculously tight that its impossible to even smoke it.

any one has the same problem? used the mesh and wire given by them. the mesh is a snug fit with 4/5 coils around it. given wire was 20 gauge. any ideas!

The Cobra does have a 1mm air hole and it is a stiff draw. There are to explanations to your experience. Firstly, you're used to the ZAP so it seems far to stiff, the air hole area is more than double that of the cobra so it's understandable. Secondly, you have something restricting airflow.

Try pushing something through the air hole to ensure that there's nothing inside it. Once you've done that, try vaping it without a drip tip. If it's still just as stiff without one, then it's just you not being used to the atty, if it's airier, it's your drip tip. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by yuujin View Post
    some people may face multiple hot spots if you dont use the drill bit method.
    i myself use a barely oxidised wick and it works perfectly. (just make sure you pulse it to get the coils glowing evenly after you insert the wick)
    I think some may face multiple hotspots if they do use the drill bit method, especially in something like the Cobra.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast