Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: **Battery WARNING!

At least yourself & MrsG are unscathed...
    Just wanted to ask MrG, what was the make of plug adapter supplying the charge?
    Could be something to do with it.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    It looks like a couple of issues here? The failure of the eGo battery charging protection, and a failure of the charger over voltage protection.

I hope I have not been wrong in my assumption that the eGo charge cable/ screw in thingy has a limited output of 4.2 volts???

Anybody??
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyder View Post
    At least yourself & MrsG are unscathed...
    Just wanted to ask MrG, what was the make of plug adapter supplying the charge?
    Could be something to do with it.
    Sure, that was my first thought, I was using a Joytech usb charger, the little doobry on a ~200mm lead.
    I'll review the stuff I assumed, including the thought that the charger would stop pumping volts in when the volts reached 4.2v ish, and same for the ego control head. I use the ego control circuit in a bunch of things.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    It looks like a couple of issues here? The failure of the eGo battery charging protection, and a failure of the charger over voltage protection.

I hope I have not been wrong in my assumption that the eGo charge cable/ screw in thingy has a limited output of 4.2 volts???

Anybody??
    I had those assumptions too Robray.
    Disappointing all round.

Yes I believe too that they're supposed to.
    My problem is always with the thought of the actual wall plug adapter (seen a few videos from my brother who is a firie concerning cheap ebay laptop chargers.)
    Here's a video on the wall adapters, something to think about.
    I use these by the way, certified to breakfast.

AVF Regular
    Goyder, and anyone else with a clue, what's the best recommended device to charge sealed ego type batteries?
    Been thinking that connector to the Soshine bay style might be better than smaller self-contained USB chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Goyder, and anyone else with a clue, what's the best recommended device to charge sealed ego type batteries?
    Been thinking that connector to the Soshine bay style might be better than smaller self-contained USB chargers.
    I have one of these as well for travelling, regulated properly and stops any spikes or surges.

Super Moderator
    Mr G if you are going to such lengths , may I suggest a good quality hobby charger , this will allow you to control the charge rate very accurately , and tailor it to almost any battery you might so desire ... B6 chargers are all over ebay etc , or again check out Hobbyking for their Accucel range ... they also have storage charge options etc which come in handy for batteries which dont get used regularly etc ... I DO use the soshines for my cylinder batteries in the main , but the model chargers are great for checking cell performance , mA supplied , used etc

Almost ANYTHING is betterer than the ego chargers IMHO , its just that they are sooooo convenient to use
    Whizgig likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Based on todays happenings, I will (When I get home) Cut up a piece of dowel. 18650 size. Fit a contact each end (Drawing pins) and solder a jumper lead from the contacts to an atomizer connection. Lots of tape to make it look presentable and give it a go to charge the eGo stuff. Gota trust the Soshine more than the eGo charger adapter. Just a random thought???
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    Little bit of caution on the Soshine charger ... if you have a mix V2 I would suggest using the smaller battery slots , as they charge at 300mA and would be fine... the 18650 slots usually belt out 1000mA ... the 2 bay fast charger whacks out 1600mA if one battery is fitted or 800 mA if two are inserted !!!
    I am hoping they have a nice regulation ( they seem too anyway ) but these charge rates are too high for under 650/900mA ego batts ... and you would be still relying on the inbuilt ego circuitry to protect in the case of cell maintenance .

Hopefully Stoney or SS60 will pop in and tell you I am speaking bullshit if I am lol !!!
    I am a little too cautious I guess , I like to match my charger output to the battery involved tho
    Robray likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast