CMB
    AVF Regular

Tank Cracking is it just Polycab or?

Was just reading the AGR Carto Tank thread and there was mention of plastic tanks and some juices cracking them, I've been aware that some juices will crack some plastic tanks, but have never had it happen to me personally.

Without thinking I have been vaping Pluid in a Comet and also a DID with a plastic tank and neither have shown any signs of cracking, clouding, crazing etc. I have also been vaping Goodlife Corrosion (strong citrus thing) in a Penelope with a Kir Fanis plastic tank.

So is it just polycarbonate that people have issues with or do some juices affect other tanks as well? I'm wondering if all plastic tanks have been lumped into the "may possibly crack" basket just because some juices have affected polycarbonate in the past??

It's just polycarb which cracks.

Most vendors these days use Clear PVC not poly.
    However Yourcig - AGA products still use polycarb have a pyrex option aswell.

Oh, and I've also heard Pluid MELTS polycarb not just cracks it. Someone made a clone of it though which is cheaper, easier to get and doesn't melt poly.
    Last edited by neofelis; 01-04-13 at 08:23 PM.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Oh, and I've also heard Pluid MELTS polycarb not just cracks it. Someone made a clone of it though which is cheaper, easier to get and doesn't melt poly.
    Yeah that's Magic Fairy, quite nice but totally different to pluid IMO.

I would have gone through about 60ml of Pluid in the DID placcy tank and it
    Is fine. The stuff in the comet would have been sitting there for a couple of months too... What are the comets made out of?

I cracked a KF DID tank twice now - once on something from VV (an organic fruit something) and the other day with VK organic apple (which also got my liquinator a day later) - I think alcohol based extractions, particularly with fruit are tricky.

CCC
    I had a SD crack once with VV lime, it hasn't happened since, i think they must have changed the material they are made from.