Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Vamo doa

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160

    Vamo doa

    Dead out of the box, no display, nothing. Tried all battery configs, cleaned the inside with alcohol. Tried to take the top off as per video but with the V2 seems like it wont come off. So I now have a $40 paperweight. Not worth it to send back. Not very hopeful but anyone else had any success with anything I haven't thought of?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clagiraba, Queensland
    Posts
    10,965
    hmm, backlight should flash when you insert a battery though it stays 'off' untill you hit the button 5 times real quick..

    not that simple is it ?
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D



  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Off grid, quietly hermity, NW Tas
    Posts
    6,476
    Send it to me, and I'll scare it into working.
    Muahahaha......


  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    hmm, backlight should flash when you insert a battery though it stays 'off' untill you hit the button 5 times real quick..

    not that simple is it ?
    No flashes no nothing. On a brighter note, I stuck the two 18350s that came with it into my Uranos mod and they are going beautifully with the ceramic setup and a 1.4 ohm coil. Holy headspins batman! At least something works. Don't know how long these batteries will last but, so far so good.
    MrGruffy likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    306
    Sounds like yours is like mine. Has to have a bad solder joint on the board.

    To fix it, I give it a firm tap on the bottom of the unit on my desk. It gives the 3 flashes, and I can turn it on.

    One day I will pull it apart and check the joints on the board, but for now she likes the rough treatment
    MrGruffy and second_chance like this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    306
    If your is new and mine is only a couple of weeks old, sounds like they had a bad batch run through the factory.
    second_chance likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_A View Post
    Sounds like yours is like mine. Has to have a bad solder joint on the board.

    To fix it, I give it a firm tap on the bottom of the unit on my desk. It gives the 3 flashes, and I can turn it on.

    One day I will pull it apart and check the joints on the board, but for now she likes the rough treatment
    About the only thing I have not tried. Lets see . . . Mate you are the man! Up she came . Bottom tap, nothing, horizontal thump and lights on!! Who'd have thought, I am going to dub you Sir Bodge. Thanks so much.
    margyb and MrGruffy like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    306
    Definitely bad solder joints then.

    I like the name Sir Bodge, cheers.

    When mine decides not to switch on I will pull it apart and find the bad joints, will let you know what I find when I do.
    second_chance likes this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_A View Post
    Definitely bad solder joints then.

    I like the name Sir Bodge, cheers.

    When mine decides not to switch on I will pull it apart and find the bad joints, will let you know what I find when I do.
    Could just be a bit of plastic debris on the contact point? Let's hope that is all it is. Does yours work consistently now?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    306
    Nope, if I knock it against something hard it may need persuasion, or if I have it standing on its end on a table, I have a bad habit of knocking it over. Then it will need a thump.


    Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:55 AM.