Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: f17 and boge xl lr cartos ... did i miss something

AVF Regular

f17 and boge xl lr cartos ... did i miss something

got my f17s and boge xl lr cartos today. primed and filled first f17 with the carto it came with. no probs ... just hoping it's like some clearos and the flavour gets better after a tank or so. but here's the problem: the cartos that came in the tanks have a lip on the bottom that stops the tank from sliding down. the spare boge cartos i got don't. the slightest pressure makes the tank slide down the carto and over the batt connection (ego batt), which i'm sure will allow the juice to dump everywhere. was there something else i should have ordered? is there a guard or stopper or something that is meant to go on the batt to stop the tank sliding down?

Super Moderator
    They take special boges IIRC.. the f16/f17 type with the flange?

AVF Regular
    ummm ... one on the left what came with the f17 & one the right one of the "spares" i got

IMAG0177.jpg

AVF Regular
    so cr@p sh!t and f(_)ck. the "spare" boge cartos i got are useless to me

AVF Regular
    Hellooo, I own both the F16 and the F17 tanks. They come with little flanged (the flare skit thing on it's bum) cartos called F16 cartomizers.
    I don't really care for the F16 cartos, as they are often too low res for my vaping tastes.
    They are designed so the tank doesn't slip down the carto, so when you push down on it it stays put and you don't get juice everywhere.

I buy and use regular punched boge cartos with them, here are some things I noticed:

* XL punched boge cartos work just fine in the F16 tank.
    * XL punched boge cartos do not work very well in the F17 tank.

The reason they don't work so great is that the O-rings don't "hug" the carto tight enough, I've accidentally pulled the carto clean out of my F17 twice already while removing my drip tip. I've donated the F17 to my brother because i don't want the headache. I would recommend using the F16 replacement cartomizers or the SmokTech Dual Coil cartos, both of them have the flanges that stop them from slipping out of the tank.

They're a little more expensive, but it's worth the extra coins to achieve fuss free vape times.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    i got the f17 and boge xl cartos on someone's recommendation. so damn peed off. i am so freaking over buying stuff that doesn't bloody do what it's supposed to do. off to have a great big screaming hissy fit.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    i got the f17 and boge xl cartos on someone's recommendation. so damn peed off. i am so freaking over buying stuff that doesn't bloody do what it's supposed to do. off to have a great big screaming hissy fit.
    Aye, my brain was like "Oh yeah, that should work!" and lo and behold, the O-rings don't grip the normal boge cartos.

It's all good kay, don't chuck the cartos. Hang on to them, trust me on that. There are some other cheaper tanks that work really well with them, you can even use them without a tank in an emergency vape situation (I have done this several times haha.)

I agree that it is really shit that they don't work so great together, it's even worse when things like this put people off of trying certain types of vapey things.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Get yourself a cone. This will attach on to your ego battery and stop the tank from sliding down. It will not stop it from sliding up though.

Mini ViVi Nova EGO Cone
    davee and darkhorsefkn like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Or buy a dct tank, similar size tank to the f17 tank. I was using these with my boge cartos for a while:

3.5ml Tube for 510 DCT Cartomizers MOD

edit - But still buy the cone piece.
    davee likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    thing is ... it's a BOGE f17 and BOGE catos. how can they not work together????? never ever buying boge shit again. and it's not just the bloody money for the things. there's the postage and the waiting and then the extra money ya have to spend get something that damn well works and the postage and waiting again. the ONLY thing i've found so far that works consistently and isn't a problem is the little comets. think i'm just gonna stick with them. it's all too flipping hard otherwise

end rant ... hasn't worked. still pissed off as hell!!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast