Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A8 RBA atty tips n tricks

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica

A8 RBA atty tips n tricks

i thought this would be a good place for every thing a8 related

i have had an a8 for a hole day tried 5 different types of wick setups and it still isnt working for me really really tight draw and seems to be dry hitting no matter what i do

has any one else had these problems or knows of a fix

cheers dawzzy
    funny gifs

Mine had a really really tight draw too, but I fiddled with the centre post. Needed adjusting anyway as it wasn't contacting the positive post. That made the draw a lot easier. Still tightish, as it's only a small hole, but good enough. The wick that comes with them is crap. I made one out of 3 strands of 1mm silica wrapped with a 6/5 coil of 32 Nichrome. Works a treat, with no dry hits. Although I'm thinking maybe a single strand of 3mm might even wick a little better. I'm liking it. Great flavour, and a surprisingly good TH.
    bevoh likes this.

How I've found you fix the tight draw is, You screw the centre post all the way in. Then adjust your mods center pin to help make contact

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    How I've found you fix the tight draw is, You screw the centre post all the way in. Then adjust your mods center pin to help make contact
    That could be a problem on the vast majority of mods with no adjustable centre pin though.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

I ended up putting an extra o-ring in under the positive post screw on collars to get it in a better spot.

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    sounds good but as stoney said you cant adjust it on the provari
    funny gifs

AVF Regular
    has any one bored out the air hole?
    RIP VP

The air hole doesnt work like a standard air hole. You have a hole on the center pin which lines up with the actual air hole on the tank.. hence why if you don't screw the center pin all the way in, its like trying to suck a golf ball through a hose.
    You can unscrew it say half a turn and it doesnt make any difference but anymore than that and it starts to be unusable.

In saying that, I do have mine running on my ZMAX at the moment with the center pin all the way in and its making contact. You can also unscrew the nuts on the outside of the center pin a little to help make contact. The pin itself should be all the way in.

I wish they gave instruction manuals for these. They need them.

heh, thats what we have forums for

if anyone knows how it all lines up internally, a photo or diagram might help.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    just screwed it in all the way and its the same,all the way out or all the way in sames.golf ball tight.theres two collars in the connector end that fall out but the pin seems to want to stay in the atty.
    DAWZZY likes this.
    RIP VP

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast