Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: what voltage do egos put out normally?

AVF Regular

what voltage do egos put out normally?

i should know this, i know. but what voltage should my ego batts be putting out? are they all the same? i know the vv ones like a twist won't always be the same, but like, the upgrades in constant output mode and just normal egos? i'm finding it hard to match the performance of the constant voltage on the upgrade to anything on my vv ones. i don't know what i'm doing :S

AVF Regular
    I think normal egos are at 3.2V. Unless you run in in unregulated mode. Then it varies from 4.2 down as your battery drains.
    madkrim likes this.

a standard ego was always about 3.45v rms then they threw a spanner in the works and made all sorts of things.
    none of them ever boost though so a twist should always be able to match it.

having said that .. I tend to agree, I think the pulsing an ego does (85Hz) seems to assist and make the things run 'better' than the same voltage on a plain DC device.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    hmmm. ok. if it is 3.2v, that would explain why the twist and fatboy don't help with the lr coils that always taste burnt on the normal ego. the voltage is no lower. yet to find a sweet spot on the vvs for comets, which seem to work just fine on both standard and upgrade egos as well as lil 510 joye batts. trial and error ... more often error. but hey, i'm not smoking. and i am trying. yes, very trying at times, i know :/

ah, people keep quoting 3.2 but it is not the correct value.

usually seems to stabilise at a little over 3.4v rms.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Why did I think that the original egos ran at 3.7V but Ego-T's ran at 3.2-3.4V

Maybe i was fed lies.

AVF Regular
    ah ok. 3.4ish then. the twist's lowest is 3.2 and the fatboy spinner's lowest is 3.3. that means i should definitely be able to dial the vvs to do what the standard does. will just have to play around a bit with it.

AVF Regular
    should get me a multimeter (multimetre?) then i can pretend i know what i'm doing when i'm playing around

heh, i originally made the ECD meter to prove a point really, a multimeter will not give the true voltage either.
    my meter (fluke 12) is saying this ego unloaded is 3.31v

ECD meter says its 3.43v rms, 3.20v average, 3.69v peak, 86.5% duty and 83Hz

Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Why did I think that the original egos ran at 3.7V but Ego-T's ran at 3.2-3.4V

Maybe i was fed lies.
    hmm, the original 'real' ego's where always 3.4v, the clones where often unregulated, if you drop in one of the 'ego' replacement boards, then its unregulated from then on.
    then they came out with ego-t anf ego-c and not much onfo on any of them.
    some had higher current ratings, some ran higher switchable voltage .. I gave up long ago trying to work out what they all did really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast