Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gtadmin
  • 1 Post By benjamind2013
  • 1 Post By Stoney

Thread: Possible to use the Cobra as a dripping atomizer?

AVF Regular

Possible to use the Cobra as a dripping atomizer?

I've been looking at my Cobra for a while, haven't even begun to use it yet, but will do soon. I wanted to know if it's possible to use it with an empty tank and use it as a dripper? By way of doing that I mean not putting the wick into the hole and instead just making the coil around some silica wick and then wrapping the "legs" of the wick around the center post to ensure the e-juice keeps the wick wet?

Has anyone thought of this?

I will use it as a tank, but when trying flavors I'd love the option of just using it to test flavors as dripping atomizers are most useful for.

It could be done, but I'd be looking for a cheapy little dripping atty. A pheonix clone, or the A7 is a beuty. Just had a co-op for those. He may have one or two left.

AVF Regular
    As for specific dripping atties, I'd be looking at the Bulli atties (particularly the A1 or A2), or the Nimbus. These are hands down the best drippers you can get. The A1 and Nimbus are not cheap though

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamind2013 View Post
    As for specific dripping atties, I'd be looking at the Bulli atties (particularly the A1 or A2), or the Nimbus. These are hands down the best drippers you can get. The A1 and Nimbus are not cheap though
    Says who I kinda think the eBaron is pretty good.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 06-04-13 at 02:27 PM.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Says who I kinda think the eBaron is pretty good.
    Whoops, I forgot to mention that one...a friend has one of these, the spiral one, and it vapes like a steam train!

So, it's the A1/A2, Nimbus and eBaron...there are probably others, but these are the 3 best ones that come to mind.

Super Moderator
    They are relatively expensive though ... which is why it never goes out (I'd cry () if I lost it) ... for out and about, I use the Pheonix clone, an IGO-L or the Octopus. If I were to lose these, oh well, bugger ...

Have you tried to use the Cobra as a dripping atty? Be the first ...
    davee likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Well, it was fairly easy, but took a bit of patience to get the silica wick wrapped around the bottom of the main post. I did that to ensure the juice would be dripped into the wick and would be absorbed. The hard part was getting the coiled area of the wick to sit across from the post without touching it. That wasn't an easy task but I pulled it off by first wrapping silica around the post at the bottom to align it with the coil on the side. What can I say? It works. I won't be using the Cobra as a dripper though, since it has a juice tank for a reason, and the wick is supposed to be sunk into the tank, and why the main post is in the middle instead of on either side of the atty as is the case with purpose-built dripping atties. It can still be used, but I won't be doing it again, it's too much of a hassle IMHO.
    davee likes this.

i am forever amused by peeps sticking mesh in silica rbas, silica in gennies, dripping in tanks even cartos in tanks really.
    it seems oeople like to play and have fave devices. sometimes it works and sometimes its not worth the hassle.

/me has another toot on his aga-t with silica..
    davee likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D