Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: RichVonBlack's First RBA ( while hungover)

AVF Regular

RichVonBlack's First RBA ( while hungover)

Followed the first method, only difference is I oxidized the wick fully three times,

A PBusardo Review - The AGA-T(s) - Part 2 - Assembly & Building Tutorial - YouTube

photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpgphoto.jpg

I think its running at .8ohms ( still a bit vague on the multimeter, being hung overs not helping will be referencing the net later),

General thoughts, first impressions,

Set up is a ***** if hung over, 28awg, 400mesh,

Followed the UTube references, got a workable RBA first time, but can see massive room for improvement in my building,

It works, mesh is a massive taste difference, for the better, much "cleaner",

Used a thin Menthol 8mg,

Slight learning curve on setup and using, flooded once, (gaddabit),

Panadol lied,my head still feels like the Labor Parties chances at the next election,,,,not good at all,

Definitely going to be my "home" PV, on a roller, Cartos for work and out and about on a Paps V2 with a Kick,

Pictures, 3/4 wraps, all coils glowing red, had to **** around to space them correctly, firing, a bit of spitting but good fog, beside a Paps 18800, on a roller.

In all seriousness, I got lucky on my first go, I acknowledge and thank all those who suffered RBA building before me, your sacrifices where not in vain,

Now, I intend to crawl into be and suffer the repercussions of a great night out,

Richo.

P.S, that is all,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Good on ya Richo, ive been vaping for almost a yr and a half and haven't jumped into rba's yet. Its kinda scary to me, but after watchin p busardo vid on the rsst tank it dnt look so bad. ive already got the wire and mesh might have to join this endeavour and c what its all about
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

xen
    Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Panadol lied,my head still feels like the Labor Parties chances at the next election,,,,not good at all,
    Love ya work, Richo ;-)

Get some coke & a greasy burger into you when you crawl out of bed.. they'll surely help.

AVF Regular
    If I can do it anyone can. Also the first attempt is always great, it's the next 5 that are impossible. Once you get decent at it it's fine out and about and only needs fiddling about with if you drop it or brush the wires.
    Bullos and RichoVonBlack like this.

Err . . . Busardo's wick building abilities are a little scary. Lots better examples out there. You may want to check out the Peter K method or the unoxidized mesh methods. Lots of oxidizing makes the juice taste rank in my opinion. For the best flavors I highly recommend ceramic wicks. Zen has just come onboard with this and the ZAP V2.1 will come with ceramic wicks. Best tasting vapor you can imagine.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    Err . . . Busardo's wick building abilities are a little scary. Lots better examples out there. You may want to check out the Peter K method or the unoxidized mesh methods. Lots of oxidizing makes the juice taste rank in my opinion. For the best flavors I highly recommend ceramic wicks. Zen has just come onboard with this and the ZAP V2.1 will come with ceramic wicks. Best tasting vapor you can imagine.

Will be trying the Peter K method, looks much more neater than the average one I just did,
    second_chance likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

On ya Richo!

My pref with #28 is the drill method - I also find < #400 mesh is easier to get along with shorts wise while you find your feet.

Just make sure you have a carto in a tank on the go for the frustrations of building.

Beer and a decent Vindaloo is the best cure - it will pick you up or send you back to the porcelain bus to finish the job properly...

AVF Regular
    Kahlua and coke, and a T bone Peppered steak (cooking now), with toasted Parmesan bread,then the drill bit method,
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

AVF Regular
    I've enjoyed reading this, thank you.

I'm looking forward to updates here from you.

As a bonus, I now get to take liberties with your name, since you spelled it wrong in the thread title.
    Shpo now has a friend to sit beside him in the gently mocked stalls.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    I've enjoyed reading this, thank you.

I'm looking forward to updates here from you.

As a bonus, I now get to take liberties with your name, since you spelled it wrong in the thread title.
    Shpo now has a friend to sit beside him in the gently mocked stalls.

Re-reads,,,hmmmm mock on good Sir, mock on

Edit: tried the screwdriver method, works but the wire is only just resting on the wick, seems to loose a bit of omph, will be sticking to the first method but stuffing around a bit with it,
    Last edited by RichoVonBlack; 06-04-13 at 08:23 PM.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast