Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: I want a glass tank setup?

Question I want a glass tank setup?

Hi all

Basically I was doing an order to MBV and came across these.

Kanger Protank Rebuildable Clearomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

So I decided I would really like a glass tank setup, cos I like glass over plastic, and I was hoping I would be able to buy some of the decorated replaceable tanks to replace the glass bit.

Am I on the right track with the one above? Or is there something else I need to buy instead. I don't want to spend any more than the price above if I can help it, cos I hate spending more than I need to, and the more I pay for something the bigger the chance it will get dropped in the first week of ownership.

So basically I just want something that will go straight onto the lavatube, and the glass bit will be easily replaced for when (not if) I drop and break it. I do not want to pay any more than $30 outright, even less would be better.

Suggestions?

CCC
    Looks like if you want 2 glass tanks you would have to buy 2 of them, only the coils are sold seperatly, and it is not a matter of just finding another glass tank because of the silver connections. They are getting good reviews and are sold out in a lot of places.

Thanks for the reply ccc. So what you are saying is if I want a glass tank setup and I want to be able to replace the tanks myself with anything then this will be no good. I just thought there was a set size for the tanks, but it seems like I am wrong. It's no use me buying something that I can't replace if/when I break it. Though I do try not to break stuff, it just kind of happens.

I need to know what to buy instead then, cos I'm dazed and confused about the whole bloody thing lol.

The pretty glass decorated tanks like you see online ...what do I put them on? See, I have no idea, I am just a clueless noob..

AVF Regular
    Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks
    Evolution Tanks

Like these?,

Most are carto tanks,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Every cartomizer tank, genesis etc are a different size.

That would be like saying A zenesis quartz tank would fit onto a cobra. or a Cobra tank would fit onto an AGA-T. Won't happen.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Good point Neo, size differs with end caps etc,what would you be using it on keyboardmama?,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Super Moderator
    If you know the dimensions.... IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

AVF Regular
    Hrmm, I have some glass tanks and some other spare bits.

[looks at the crappy lathe and job schedule for the arvo, ponders]

Glass is nice, I'd rather the very infrequent breakage than creeping cracks and cloudyfying tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RichoVonBlack View Post
    Good point Neo, size differs with end caps etc,what would you be using it on keyboardmama?,
    See, I'm clueless. Currently I am just using the smoktec dct thingo's on my lavatube. I like the look of them, but want something like that in glass.

I don't want to do a degree to work out what I want. I've already had to know too much just to get to this stage, and my brain hurts.

Yeah, like those you linked to Richo. What do I need to use one of them?

CCC
    You need to decide what sort of carto you will use for example a Boge. You will need to buy punched boges (they have a hole or 2 in them) or you can buy a punch tool and make the holes yourself. Then you need to find a tank that fits over a boge carto, it should come with the right sized end caps. Then you just assemble it all together yourself. And you will need a drip tip that fits in a boge carto (any 510 drip tip)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast