Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: After no resistance wire

AVF Regular

After no resistance wire

Hey guys im stocked with everything bar no resistance wire for my drip rba. Anyone know where i can get this without paying a lot of postage?

AVF Regular
    Back in the days, no resistance wire was called wire.
    10 Metres No Resistance Silver Wire .9999 - 32 AWG - 0.20 mm / 0.008" diameter | eBay
    Not sure if local suppliers stock it, someone is bound to know.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Jeweler suppliers usually will have silver wire in varying thicknesses but it may not be thin enough for what we use it for.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Postage from Kingorchild on ebay is a few bucks for 200 feet of nickel.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Ewww nickel....
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I use kynar wire a great deal in electronics and whenever I need a good little wire.
    Kinsten. Kynar 30AWG Wire.

It was originally developed for wire wrapping and I am pretty sure it used to be silver plated copper, now I am not sure if it is still silver or if it is now tin plated which is not ideal.

The insulation copes with high temps but is a prick to remove if you want to get off more than 2 inches.

I have used it in small experiments with attys, I reckon it may even be used in attys now, the stuff in 306's looks a lot like it.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Ewww nickel....
    I picked some up when I was getting kanthal - you telling me I can expect scurvey, baldness, laughter in inappropriate situations? Spill the beans...
    Captain likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well i had to opt for nickel as well as my battery charger broke today so i had to make do with what the supplier sold. I hope Nickel will not disappoint. I take it i just twist them together with a few wraps right?

what the hell is nickel wire used for, you can't solder to it..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Well i had to opt for nickel as well as my battery charger broke today so i had to make do with what the supplier sold. I hope Nickel will not disappoint. I take it i just twist them together with a few wraps right?
    Yeah - make an X with about 5mm on the top, and the long bits hanging down - twist the short bit of the X together - now you have an upside down Y, take the NR branch of the Y and fold it back in the direction of the twisty bit, then wrap it (the NR wire) back around the twisty bit you made before. (Hard to explain in words, google vids on building GG atties is probably better)

Silver wire can just be wrapped once and then melted on with a lighter till it blobs and sticks.
    Captain likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast