Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: RBA suggestions for reo mini 2.0

AVF Regular

RBA suggestions for reo mini 2.0

Ok ive decided to go a reo mini 2.0, ive wanted a reo mod for a VERY long time so the time has come. 1 problem i want a RBA for it and need to know a good cheapish one for it. Preferably in Australia aswell, ive been thinkin about the a7 but i need a store that sells one and sells 18490 batteries. I know VC has them but they dont stock 18490s so need your help peeps suggestions please
    Thanks
    Yatesy

AVF Regular
    Try this thread A7 mini RBA interest

He might still have some left.

AVF Regular
    Cheers jobski

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    A7 works really well on the minis ... beware the centre post issue some have ... disassemble and re-adjust so the centre post is level AND TIGHT at the bottom of the connector , flush or just protruding slightly .. if it is loose it can wibble and short your Reo .... not good ... fire up with care the first few times !
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    A7 works really well on the minis ... beware the centre post issue some have ... disassemble and re-adjust so the centre post is level AND TIGHT at the bottom of the connector , flush or just protruding slightly .. if it is loose it can wibble and short your Reo .... not good ... fire up with care the first few times !
    Cheers fatman. Yeah ive been reading about the issues with the wobbly connector on ecf. Theres a quick fix using a bit of carto condom as im guessin as a sort of insulator. Ill dismantle and reassemble with the insulator thingo and see how it goes. If it does short would it collapse the spring on the reo straight away or will it take abit ( i should of ordered spare springs....... Ddaammm lol)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The A7 fully fried my Reo, melted the switch and also a bit in the connector that doesn't come in the rebuild kit.

I wish the china atty makers could sort out their insulation a bit better, had a Phoenix clone short on me last week too, I'll only use them on devices with protection now.

Super Moderator
    Yeah Id recommend a fuse or protected battery if you use RBA's in a Reo ... the spring will collapse , but if you have a big battery in there , it can do some damage before the spring melts ... seriously do very ginger fires with the door off , and look for sparks when you connect ... release quick if there is one !!!

I like the A7 , but its gonna take me a while to trust it .. I was lucky I tested it gently first !
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Super Moderator
    Oh and dare I say it ... rebuildables are cool on the Reo , but really a good 306LR atty works just as well and I have 100 of them sitting here at the moment lol , so I am not really into frying one just for the sake of it lol

Super Moderator
    Taking the guts out and tightening everything should fix 95% of the issues with the wobbly post, if the post is wobbly don't use it!

I did this the instant i got my a7 mini and it hasn't shorted on me once (mind you i use the provari so might be slightly different), but haven't got a short error once on it.

Super Moderator
    Oh and thanks to M0nger too .. hes the one that set me straight ... credit where credit is due !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast