Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Kanger Pro tanks - Discussion & Issues

will order this week. will let everyone know how it works

Hey Neo. Got mine from VapeKing today. They have the non fancy box like in your last pic.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Yeah I also queried Kanger about this and got the same reply as Eciglife so should be all good at the moment but just be careful in the future as we all know how China works.
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Current set up:
    EHPro Panzer and Kayfun Lite Plus V2 Clone.

So I got 2 Kanger Protanks today. Here are some Do's and Don't with them.

DON'T use EVOD Heads, They're too small and a totally different size! They don't work the same even if you replace the knurled post with the kanger protank one.
    DON'T remove the extra layer of silica ontop of the coil or your kanger protank WILL flood and leak out the 510 connection! (Tested on 3 kanger protanks, tested with 100% PG, 50/50PG,VG and 100% VG liquid)
    You can remove the layer of silica on EVODS but NOT Kanger Protanks as the heads ARE very different!
    DON'T buy EVOD heads expecting them to work the same, They won't!
    On the kanger protank you can rebuild the coil but you have to put a layer of silica ontop of the coil or it will flood - this is to fill the gap on the side of the Protank head where the silica comes out of.

I hope this helps people out and avoids flooding. We spent about 1 hour tonight rebuilding these and they have a steep learning curve. I won't be going into rebuilding these as it's too hard to explain in text.
    Last edited by neofelis; 21-04-13 at 03:32 AM.
    qwertylesh, GirlyPantz and Tek like this.

Just an update on rebuilding these; You MUST use no resitance wire to rebuild these or the base of the Kanger Protank will heat up above 50 degrees. You'll also burn the rubber insulator causing a horrible taste. Rebuilding these isn't just as easy as wrapping some kanthal around some silica after all.

This also explains why Kanger only make 2.5ohm coils for the kanger protanks, each bit of wire is cut to an exact length, even down to the NR wire.

I honestly think it's cheaper to buy premade coils at 70c than it is to rebuild them. You're going to need a NR/R welder similar to the Spark O Matic machine in order for it to be hastle free. Getting a twisted wire through the middle channel isn't easy. It can be done but you're going to waste more time than it's worth
    Last edited by neofelis; 22-04-13 at 08:45 AM.

Got one of these this afternoon, and onto my 3rd tankful.
    It's growing on me, but my mein gut it's airy.
    What's the consensus on blocking an airhole?

Better yet, an airflow control system that works with the radical slots cut into the base of it.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

That's my issue with it too, way too airy. Can't even feel vapor entering my mouth which mutes the flavour for me.

By wrapping my fingers around the base, I can restrict the airflow to a decent draw, much betterer.
    Gunna try buying or designing a variable airflow control for this sucker, the shape has grown on me.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

I was about to order one to give it a try but the comments on this page sealed the deal. I hate airy vapes and I'm not a big fan of disposable coils. If I can't rebuild it with the collection of silica and kanthal I have I'm not impressed. I like tweaking stuff!
    qwertylesh likes this.

Aha! I shall try this. It's a great looking unit.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast