Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First thoughts on my new Reo Grand

Jas
    AVF Regular

First thoughts on my new Reo Grand

Well i finally got my Reo Grand black wrinkle in the post yesterday, and to some it up this is one hell of a good looking mech box mod! I got straight into it and loaded it up with a 510 LR attie and filled the 6ml juice bottle up with some of ecigmodshops golden virgina. First things first i have drunk about half the bottle of juice and had severe heartburn trying to get used to the "squonking" however after about 20 gavascon tablets i was right to give it a second try. I started to get the hang of it and its been vaping well with just a 510 lr attie and a drip tip on top, what i have noticed the most is the juice tastes more "pure" and lightish, i dont know the exact word but its very clean not over powering like a carto tank or a iclear 30 just seems smoooooooth..... i wanted to know if this is normal as its coming straight from the attie?, having been dripping much at all until i got my Reo so im used to that diffrent in your face type flavour you get from cartos, cleros, e.t.c. What i have also noticed is that when you draw from the attie on the reo bottom feeder you get like a wrippling sound oposed to the snap crackle and pop from a carto tank. With a 1.5ohm attie it gives a whopper of a TH and some nice clouds from only a 3-4 second "wripple draw" I also find if i give it a proper Squonk i can get a good 10 hits from it before i need to re squonk sometimes more! So in conclusion the Reo grand bottom feeder mech Mod is a winner in all aspects as i dont have to keep dripping and can take it on the go with a 6ml bottle of juice. So dripping issues solved!! not a PITA always having a bottle by your side. IN other news i was an idiot because i did not order a couple of extra 6ml bottles which are 25c, if i had them i would load up 2-3 bottles for the day dedicate 3 atties to each bottle and im good. So i jumped back on the reo site got 4 bottles and a derlin button to go over the small reo button. The wait is gonna kill me coz its so dam anoying taking the bottle out, rinsing it putting it back on and loading it up with a new flavour when i want to change. All in all ill have to wait and try stick to one flavour, or be bothered to do the swap change, put juice back in bottle thing.
    I have also got some 306 lr atties coming in and gonna pair it up with a black cherry vape cannon drip tip which i think will be my best set up.
    There is my take on the Reo Grand after 2 days use will keep updating on progress and upload pics soon. If anyone understands the flavour thing ive been talking about please feel free to add your thoughts, is that what the flavour tastes like on an attie? quite a long post but i felt like i needed to get it out there. Now for another gavascon......

AVF Regular
    glad to know you are enjoying your Reo.

As for flavour, its dependent on the atty. Some attys are better than some and some attys have a break in time. Am using smokteck ones and i am getting a nice full flavour and crisp as well (but in an amp tank) on the Reo i am running a killer 705 and flavour is awesome.

Judging by the amount of juice your getting into your atty before a dry hit, i'd say its not a smoktech or eastmall (from the Reo site) as they only hold about 5 good vapes.

The flavour is a lot cleaner and sometimes lighter because the wicking material holds less (usually before a dry hit) But generally, you should be getting a nice full clean flavour.

Oh your probably getting better vape time per squonk because of the catch up. It does feed back into the atty very well. I am waiting for stock updates so i can get another Reo Grand, after a white one
    Jas likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Thanks MMM for the reply im using a joyce 510 and i get 5-10 good pulls from a nice squonk. flavour is crisp, pure and light so different to a carto tank or clero. Im getting used to it more and more and i love it! black wrinkle finish is the bomb! i can also see little bits of tine tubes that go inside the long tube which attaches to the bottle, i must asume that they are spaced out for proper juice feeding, theres like one short one then a longer one and then another one just a inch apart from each other if you know what i mean? Like i said i have ordered 4 extra 6ml bottels and a nice derlin button to g over the small button which i think will make the press more comfy. however quite amazed at the amount of pulls im getting from a good squank, but like you said the catchcup is the bomb! I have also noticed when i recieved it in the mail the inner coating of the reo behind were the batt sits there was sort of 2 corners were it looked like it wasnt painted or brushed properly almost like rob missed a spot, however i emailed him and he said "Hello Jason the spots inside the mod are normal we try and not put a heavy
    coat on the inside of the mod it can cause problems with the delrin insert". I got scared for a sec and thought oh noooo im gonna have to send it back coz its a dud or not properly brushed/painted.

So MMM that flavour i was describing is of what at attie should be not a RBA but just a plain attie, very light, smooth, crisp
    Last edited by Jas; 13-04-13 at 03:29 AM.

AVF Regular
    Yeah man. I haven't tried a Joyce atty and unles sthats a typo and should be Joye then that is what i have experienced from their attys. I know Simon and Tim at EMS have smoktechs and they are great attys and the EM ones on Robs sites are equally as good.

I would be looking at bottom feed compatible RBAs i know that was the first thing i looked for when i got a Reo. I have a few on the way here still but the A7 mini is a great performer for its price. Some have had issues with theirs shorting the mod and the spring collapsing but i run a kick in it with 18490 batteries and also with a 510 => 510 adapter. No issues and awesome vape. and you get a fair bit of liquid into the wicks since they pool at the bottom.

I felt so bad for not using my provari when i got the Reo i went on a hunt for something just as good. Then the Amp tank came out. Its just as good but lacks a catch cup the Reo has. So looks like i am gonna be after another Reo so i can run a random flavor and my fall back menthol flavour as well. If you want you can get some copper tape and run it from the kick connection spring that sticks out to the Reo's spring base and run a kick with 18490 and have regulated vaping with the added safety features. I get about 3-4ml of vaping before the battery dies, which is decent. Lasts me a day at work, come home change the battery then off to work again for the night, vape most of the night then change in the morning.

All i can say is good bye to cartos and carto tanks. I went through the whole boge gate, punching my own cartos etc etc. Some flavours don't work great in cartos either. Attys are the way. I started as a dripper 2 and a bit years ago and when carto tanks came about i was happy, non fuss juice feeding, but damn their was a a stage where getting decent cartos was hard. Then the GGTS and UFS was around and i still use it, but its a big ass mod and heavy as well (and every time i dropped it, it would kill me a little) so it is my at home vape.

The Reo grand is small compact does not tip over easy and is just so fuss free. The UFS had its pros and cons (the main con is if you flooded the tank then you had to blow it out) the Reo, flood it, leaks into the catch up and just keep vaping it, it eventually gets used. I love my Reo and i can see me actually retiring my Provari very soon as soon as i get another Reo.
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 13-04-13 at 03:52 AM.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Jas
    AVF Regular
    yer lol it was a typo, but good attie. I like it without the kick IMO it has lasted all day on a 18650 aw imr and i cant really tell the drop in the power untill the batt is like 3.6-3.5 which i then swap and change anyway, but strickly using 1.5ohm with an 18650 unregulated i can hardly tell the difference. Glad your liking the AMP sits nice on the provari, however no catch cup, the catch cup is the best!!! lol and also the glass quartz on the amp very scary..... lol

AVF Regular
    yeah man, I am always scared i am gonna drop and break it. As soon as i get another Reo, the Amp tanks might be up for sale. Looking for a white one or white and blue. All out of stock so i am waiting ever so patiently. Wish Rob would hurry up lol.

Reason i am using a kick is for the fact i am using an RBA on there, so just to keep it consistent.

Yeah i generally swapped out the battery at around teh same time as you. So i figured using a kick and 18490 would give me about the same battery life time but at a consistent level. Was a trade off i was willing to take

AVF Regular
    How much did you get charged for postage jas? On the bottles.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    i went express ckane $48 FUKN BUCKS for 4 boteks at 65c each and one derlin button cover which was $4, i payed express coz i need the bottles for my rotation of juices a.s.a.p! so the bottle and button cost $5 and add 48 bucks to that $53 for 4 6ml bottlels and a derlin bigger firing button LOL!!!! Now im really looking for a cherry vape black cannon drip tip..... vapebar only had one left in stock i really need another one for my 306's

Super Moderator
    Good to see you are loving it Jas ... Squonking is a bit of a secret tribal art , but the right amount will soon come to you with a bit of practice .
    A lot of people these days are more about convenience , hence the carto and tank route , but you cant really beat a good atty on a bottom feeder for flavour and consistency ( barring genesis and rebuildables they have the flavour , but not always the consistency unless you are "super coil maker" lol ) .
    Another Reonaught is born
    ( oh and P.S. ya goose , I have several spare bottles .. could well have leant you one or two until you could source them without the huge postage .. us dedicated Reonaughts will often wait til another member has an order in with Rob and then tack on our spares we need when they place the order ... great way to cut shipping down ! )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

speaking of spares, now I have a kick I managed to test the kickstand clone printed doohickey. It needed a little carved out with a pocket knife to fit over the capacitor on the top pcb, I will reprint some more.
    I lost all the PMs regarding these .. (read as deleted a few hundred pm's in a rage delete action, stupid inbox size)
    We need any easy way to distibute these that does not involve me getting off my arse and going to a PO more than once.
    they will cost you reonaughts .. nothing (may consider $58 postage though)
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast