Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gtadmin

Thread: Question re coils in Stardusts

AVF Regular

Question re coils in Stardusts

Ok tried a new rebuildable stardust today and one of my nice juices tasted disgusting.
    Gave it a wash and while dry burning I noticed the coil wraps all seem to be stuck together. Would this make the juice taste burnt/yuk ??
    All I can see when dry burning is a bright orange glow and no individual coil wraps around the silica wick

Thanks

na they use nichrome not kanthal, they tend to wrap pretty closely. You also dont want any coils touching the metal or it will short.

Super Moderator
    Hi margy, you have Stoney's ECD meter don't you? What resistance does that say? If it's low, then you have a short and that will be giving you the bad taste.
    margyb likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Some of my coils seem more bunched up than others, hasn't seemed to affect my taste, it's only if I don't get all the primer off when they are new that it tastes funny, in my short experience, or as I discovered tonight, if I don't wait patiently for it to dry and forget to dry burn, then it tasted like a soggy dishcloth

You can get a needle or pin and just try and tease the coils apart a little.