Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Vivi Nova ate my flavour

Vivi Nova ate my flavour

Where did my flavour go? I got my shiny vivi novas and my vamo today, used the vivis on an ego battery and then the vamo, but on both the flavour is really muted and I can't work out why. I put the vamo in n02 mode, tried different voltages and watts, either muted taste or 'oh shit too much it tastes like arse' so I turn it back down a notch and back to the bland. Am I doing something wrong. It's a shame, the vape is quite lovely and smooth, it just doesn't taste like much of anything, I've even tried changing heads to see if that helped, and it didn't

Retired Account
    You might be having a blah tongue day. Just carry on, and don't let your brain trick you into thinking how marvellous a ciggie would be.
    Some people find "resetting" their tongue by vaping plain pg/vg/nic with no flavouring for an hour or 10 works.
    Dalmas and BleakOptimism like this.

CCC
    I havent tried the vivis but maybe they need breaking in? Also can you taste the same juice on another carto? If you can then sometimes just switching cartos is the problem because you get used to the one type.
    BleakOptimism likes this.

AVF Regular
    1. It happens from time to time, last Friday and Saturday for me was "all vape no flavour day", buggrit.
    2. Drink/eat something tart and clean, like your forearm or an apple, try again.
    3. revert to something simple that has worked before, old carto/clearo/atty/tissue on fire, on a device you feel good about. Still bad?
    4. sleep, clean teeth, gargle, drink water, try again.

Completely sucks when this happens, sometimes for me it's me being victim to mrsGruffy's flavour lab, sometimes it's "oops, only 5 drops in this dripper, not 20, and oh dear it's spitted nic on my tongue and killed it for hours".
    Sometimes it just sucks and you have to wait it out, and rejoice that you aren't a feelthy ferkin smoker.

*COMF*
    bevoh, Dalmas and BleakOptimism like this.

I'm a big vivi nova fanboy. For me they always taste a bit muted for the first 10-15 tokes after I rebuild a coil or clean them. Leave it sit for a little and it should be fine.

MrsGruffy could also be right though. I went through a short period a while back where everything tasted like nothing. My tastebuds returned after a couple of days.

Thanks guys, I had the same juice from the same bottle in a stardust and a vivi and the stardust had way more flavour which was getting me wondering. Good news is I don't feel like a grotty analogue, I'll go lick some lemons and try something strong that should be okay, hopefully it's just teething issues, the vapour's so nice I want to love it.
    mrsgruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    There's a queue of people over there ---> dressed as lemons.
    Just sayin.
    Robray, CCC and BleakOptimism like this.

Retired Account
    That's the spirit, BleakOptimism.
    I found strong peppermint or cinnamon flavours helped a bit with 'blah tongue' days.
    I also very much agree that vivi novas need at least half a tank through them before you get the best flavour.
    I have a couple of the x heaters on the go in them (they have 2 wicks in an X, so 4 wick ends), and they needed almost a full tank through them to really get full flavour.
    Of course, YMMV.
    BleakOptimism likes this.

Retired Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    There's a queue of people over there ---> dressed as lemons.
    Just sayin.
    You are so norti, MrGruffy!

AVF Regular
    Sounds like u need a palate clense I'm in same boat as well everything im vaping has a muted dull flavor and my mouth is al fuzzy feeling I dunno I brush 2-3 times a day. Dunno what it is
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast