Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ego K... Battery done?

AVF Regular

Ego K... Battery done?

When I started vaping almost 3 months ago, I bought a couple of Ego K Kits from HC. Been working fine for out and about things.

However, one of the batteries has started acting weird.

When I have a tank/carto ect attached, it's fine.. But when I take off the carto, the light stays on, like the button is firing. I screw a carto back on, you can hear it fire, then the light goes back off. Obviously a short somewhere.

Honest opinions... still safe to use and charge? I saw Mr G's pics, and I quite like my chair...
    Noe, margyb and phxrxonic like this.

hmm .. the only real concern is if starts firing continuously with a carto attached.
    charging it will still be fine.
    Drooo300 likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

but I would be shopping for a new battery
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Honest opinion ... for the price of replacing Ego batts, if they start acting dicky , its probably time to bin them ( safely ) and grab a new one ... I suspect a fair proportion of the battery dramas with things blowing up are by people ignoring the fact their battery is acting a "little flakey" .
    To me it sounds like the board in your battery has a drama , and is not doing what it is designed to do .
    for a $10 outlay , peace of mind is fairly cheap
    Stoney, Noe and MrGruffy like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys. I will be getting a a couple of VV Ego's in the near future. They're easier to use while I'm out on the golf course.

At home and work, my newly aquired eVic will be the main vape, so I now have a spare LaveTube too. Just a bit big to store in the golf bag

AVF Regular
    My 2ml worth, before the great chair fire of 2013, we had an 650mAh battery decide it wanted to be ON. At the time it had a plastic clearo on it and there was much smoke, melted plastic and shooting flames.
    Acting weird, and not in a wearing your G/Fs undies kinda way = Bin it, do not leave it unsupervised.

AVF Regular
    What's the best way of disabling a battery? Do I just use it till it's flat, or can I pull the guts out and snip a wire? I can give it the 5 click treatment with a clearo on... But the light comes back on as soon as I take the clearo off.

And for the record... I only wear her undies occasionally. Strangely, they're more comfortable and I feel sexy
    Last edited by Drooo300; 17-04-13 at 11:47 PM.

AVF Regular
    Well SS600 likes to thrust a sharpened steel rod through his, looking at the video they seem to be quite disabled after the sparks die down.
    I'd pull it apart for spare bits, disconnecting the battery in passing, but you could just find a suitable recycling method.
    Occurs to me we should have a sticky that covers eco friendly vape stuffs disposal.
    Noe, margyb, BleakOptimism and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    yeah, good idea mrgruffy. was gonna ask, and still will, where does one safely dispose of a battery?

Retired Account
    Aldi and Battery World both accept batteries for recycling. Looks like they will accept any household battery. I'll call in and clarify this tomorrow, and report back
    Noe, margyb, MrGruffy and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast