Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 14500 mods

AVF Regular

14500 mods

Hi

I have always liked small out and about mods so recently have been going down the 14500 path.

Thought I would set up a thread where people post pictures of their 14500 mods and give a few pros and cons of them. Its not a full on review thread, just a place people can talk about there 14500 setups, and get ideas for new shinies to buy

I have had a few that i sold. I have had a Gus 14500, and I liked it after i upgraded it to a piccollo V2 510 connector, but not being able to put it down without locking it was too much for me to remember to do when drunk lol. 14500 VV Low rider, don't need the VV capability, pretty big, and it gets through the batterries too fast, but if that doesn't bother you its a good mod for the price.

Here's a pic from left to right, of the ones I still have. Themis Titanide, Temon, and V3 Piccollo.

Themis Titanide
    Pro's - Craftmanship, Titanium build, works great, hits hard, i like the look of it and it feels great in the hand
    Con's - Size, non adjustable atty connector, hard to find atties to suit it, falls over easy, expensive

Temon
    Pro's - Can rest it upright with out the lock button and it wont fire, like the bottom button, adjustable 510 connector, looks good, small
    Con's - No 510 air slots (on brass top caps, some SS do have) so you will need to leave a small gap for airflow if your atty needs it, or cut some grooves in which I did. Spring battery to 510 connector like the paps and gus v1's , so you should put in a paps telescopic 510 connector, which fits and helps with the firing consistency.

Piccollo V3
    Pro's - Can rest it upright with out the lock button and it wont fire, looks good, works well, hits hard with no spring to 510 connector, adjustable 510 connector and bottom button connector, small
    Con's - Bottom button will need monthly servicing to keep it working well and in particular you need to lubricate the lock nut or it freezes, locking can be a bit problematic with this design
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mickg33; 25-04-13 at 02:07 PM.
    Mushman, mathsguy, Vinny and 4 others like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Cool thread Mick and some nice gear there.

How do you find the spheroid mate?

I have a few new 14500 batts(thanks syclone ) here and am wanting to build a mod, alas all I need is a 510 solder connection!
    Mickg33 likes this.

Great thread,

How many Mils of juice can you vape with one battery on the piccolo?

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Look I was a die hard dripper and mesh genesis user. I think the hellfire mini mesh wick is still a tad better for flavour and vapour, but not by much, so when out and about the Spheroid is a good option. It has very good vapour and flavour, its easy to set up, and it doesn't leak in your pocket, so well worth the buy in my opinion. Only down side is you do need to unscrew it to fill it, but its no biggy.
    Mushman likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo View Post
    Great thread,

How many Mils of juice can you vape with one battery on the piccolo?

Cheers
    Never really measured it but at a guess 2 to 3 ml's.
    Mushman and bilbo like this.

AVF Regular
    Mini Bastard Vape.
    Pros. Cheap, small/stealthy, just works, fits in pocket without sharp edges, highly unlikely to be stolen, can vape and beg and get more coins for sympathy, using iClear16 last for 3-4 hours, no need for a provariskirt in my wardrobe
    Cons. None recorded.
    HV1.jpg
    The 14500 allows a usable small form factor I like when out n about, which in turn is handy for formal work wear without obvious bulges. Smaller battery than some but with a clearo matched for battery gives an adequate vape, sometimes excellent. Makes my 14500 Reo Mini look huge and chunky.
    Mickg33, Fatman, Big Ev and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    Mini Bastard Vape.
    Pros. Cheap, small/stealthy, just works, fits in pocket without sharp edges, highly unlikely to be stolen, can vape and beg and get more coins for sympathy, using iClear16 last for 3-4 hours, no need for a provariskirt in my wardrobe
    Cons. None recorded.
    HV1.jpg
    The 14500 allows a usable small form factor I like when out n about, which in turn is handy for formal work wear without obvious bulges. Smaller battery than some but with a clearo matched for battery gives an adequate vape, sometimes excellent. Makes my 14500 Reo Mini look huge and chunky.
    Where's the list for this?
    davee likes this.

AVF Regular
    There is no list, but inspired by how often I use this, I'm making a vamo powered one instead of the eGo circuit. We were talking about it last night, the current clearo has had 90ml through it with one cursory wash. Swapping the battery takes about 1 second.

AVF Regular
    I have no plans to buy another 14500, but if i was I think this would be the one from team rampage in korea
    Last edited by Mickg33; 19-04-13 at 06:32 PM.
    davee likes this.

AVF Regular
    Have you owned or used one of those Mick?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast