Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By soundasleep
  • 1 Post By Tash

Thread: Iso bath!

Iso bath!

So my Provari button has been playing up making it pretty much unusable. I'd rather not have to pay around $100 for postage both ways (although that would include a firmware update) so I tried an iso bath this evening.

Anybody else tried this before with any luck?

I'm leaving it on the kitchen window (lots of sun) until tomorrow night when I'll find out if it was a cheap fix or a waste of time...

AVF Regular
    I fixed my Vamo from a multi day juice dump into the guts of the switch and circuit with a Spirytus bath. ISO bath will fix shorts created by dissolvable goop.

The switch only fires if you push REALLY hard, and is still unreliable making the menu unusable. I'm hoping after 2 years heavy usage, going everywhere with me it's just gung. If not, at least I score an upgrade for the trouble

AVF Regular
    2 years? There's bound to be gunk. ISO shift it or send it for upgrade = all good.
    Let us know how it goes? Just leave lots of time for drying.

It's 100% pure isopropyl alcohol so I figure 24 hours on the kitchen window sill (gets sunlight all day) should do the trick.

Yep. I have done it a couple of times and worked well.
    I just put the hair dryer on warm and hit it from a couple of feet away and then a bit of a shake, leave an hour, do it again, another hour and good to go.
    Juice can get in there and needs washing out.

i am doing a digikey order at the moment and tracked down a suitable replacement switch as I know of at least 2 others needing one replaced getting 10 in.

http://media.digikey.com/Photos/Omro...B3SL-1025P.JPG

they do not appear to have the exact same one, but this will fit, 5mm button height total and 357g switch pressure, original weights in at 300g so far as I can tell.
    its classified as a 'premium' tactile with a rubber actuator.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Done it a couple of times after juice got down inside the switch and also after it copped a drenching in salt water out on the boat, I just filled it up shook it about and left it for 10mins or so then dried it out with compressed air.

I occasionally give them a mini bath every couple of months just to keep them nice and happy.

Let's hope we see a sealed switch in the V3

FIXED! One very happy little camper right now.

Although I have discovered almost all of my batteries are shot. Charger says the 18490's are ready, Provari says 4.0v if you're lucky and one 18650 is completely shot.

I guess the batteries are 2.5 years old too so not exactly a bad run - time for some replacements!
    MrGruffy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    FIXED! One very happy little camper right now.

Although I have discovered almost all of my batteries are shot. Charger says the 18490's are ready, Provari says 4.0v if you're lucky and one 18650 is completely shot.

I guess the batteries are 2.5 years old too so not exactly a bad run - time for some replacements!
    Yay! That's great news

I freaked the first time CMB grabbed my provari saying "I'm just going to give it a bath" lol
    soundasleep likes this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012