Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tash

Thread: Efest Longevity?

CMB
    AVF Regular

Efest Longevity?

Is anyone else finding the Efests not working so good after a few months?

I've got some 18350's ad 18500's that are lasting about half as long as the same AW's which are twice as old.

Just now I put a fully charged 18500 in the Provari at the same time I filled up the Penelope and it is flat now after not even a ml of juice.

With the 18350's one AW in the Provari will get me through about half a tank in the penelope, the Efests will get through about 1/4 of a tank.

Not really sure what's up, I thought they were great to start with but now they are not so good. Using a Soshine charger and most of their use has been in the Provari as opposed to mech mods, so they haven't really had too much of a hard life.

AVF Regular
    I find the same

AVF Regular
    Lesson learnt.... sticking with AWs from now on.
    Ravenscroft likes this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

Its proven in test results that AW and Efest batteries aren't good.

These links are enough proof:

Battery test-review 18650 individual tests

Then compare Efest/IMR with this: http://lygte-info.dk/review/batterie...ack)%20UK.html

Besides Keeppower brand, all below batteries are made by us Keeppower

Test of AmpMax 18650 3100mAh (Black)
    http://lygte-info.dk/review/batterie...ck%29%20UK.htm
    Test of Intl-outdoor NCR18650A 3100mAh (Black)
    Test of 4Greer 18650 3100mAh (Black)
    Test of Callies Kustoms 3100mAh (Black)
    Test of RediLast 3100mAh (Black)

I would personally choose a protected cell over an IMR battery any day of the week. Not many ecigs I have would use 5A-10A draw.. Even a provari is about 3.5A making IMR's not work the best. You'd get more battery life out of say a 3100mah/3400mah battery.
    Last edited by neofelis; 23-04-13 at 03:43 AM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Its proven in test results that AW and Efest batteries aren't good.

These links are enough proof:

Battery test-review 18650 individual tests

Then compare Efest/IMR with this: Test of Keeppower IMR18650 2250mA (Black)

Besides Keeppower brand, all below batteries are made by us Keeppower

Test of AmpMax 18650 3100mAh (Black)
    http://lygte-info.dk/review/batterie...ck%29%20UK.htm
    Test of Intl-outdoor NCR18650A 3100mAh (Black)
    Test of 4Greer 18650 3100mAh (Black)
    Test of Callies Kustoms 3100mAh (Black)
    Test of RediLast 3100mAh (Black)

I would personally choose a protected cell over an IMR battery any day of the week. Not many ecigs I have would use 5A-10A draw.. Even a provari is about 3.5A making IMR's not work the best. You'd get more battery life out of say a 3100mah/3400mah battery.
    All of those look to be rebranded Panasonics, from what I can tell.
    In fact if you look at the reviews, they state there, that most of these are Panasonics or that they are made in Japan (same as Panasonics). What further gives it away is the 3100mah, 3100mah + made in Japan = most likely Panasonics, too.

The trouble with 18350's is they are not a widely used size, their main use appears to be in vape mods, I am yet to find them used outside of vaping & yes I have been looking, just not super hard.
    So finding the original manufacturer of 18350's is a little tricky to track down too.

I like 18650's. Even with a pair of the best 18350's, a single 18650 has more mah, which means more run time & 1 less item in my pocket for when the first 18350 runs out of available power.
    With most electronic mods, there is built in protection, so a protected cell is not really needed. When it comes to mech mods, protected cells find a use but you could just as easily buy a "2cent" protection device( just get the type that resets & not the one that acts like a disposable fuse) to do the same job as a protected cell with an IMR cell.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Yep, all rebranded panasonics as they do make the best cells.
    Only problem is, the 3400mah ones might not fit in all mods.

I don't know about using a non protected cell though :\ I think that's asking for trouble...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    Yep, all rebranded panasonics as they do make the best cells.
    Only problem is, the 3400mah ones might not fit in all mods.

I don't know about using a non protected cell though :\ I think that's asking for trouble...
    Non protected in a protected mod are fine, there is no need for protection on the cell AND in the mod. I guess if you are paranoid about becoming a "my battery blew up" statistic, then you may want to use both but then you might as well wear your tinfoil hat out in public too because you know "they" are watching you!
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!