Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VAMO Issues

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Horsham, Vic
    Posts
    370

    VAMO Issues

    My new VAMO is really starting to give me the SH!TS. First I couldn't get it to work so I put a new O ring on the centre post. Worked fine for a while and now the PCB and post are loose.
    I only got the bloody thing yesterday.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gippsland Vic
    Posts
    1,105
    My BF had the same issue with the centre pin. Sent it in to be looked at (benefits of buying local). But yeah can't say I'm too impressed with the QC on them.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Horsham, Vic
    Posts
    370
    Bit hard to buy local where I am. You can pretty much only get EGO's from houses. No shops.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    126
    What brand of ciggies did you smoke that cost nearly $1 each?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clagiraba, Queensland
    Posts
    10,965
    new o ring on what centre post ? I have a vamo in front of me and its got me baffled. do you mean the atty connector ?

    are you doing things up with a pipe wrench ?
    3 months daily use on mine has left it 100% intact, ripped it half many a time playing with vamo split plastic bits. its been dropped a dozen times.
    i consider them a fairly robust unit.

    since you are saving $500 per week, you can afford a few spares
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D



  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Horsham, Vic
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapdad View Post
    What brand of ciggies did you smoke that cost nearly $1 each?
    Calculator for the banner is a bit off. It calculates on a pack of 20s when I smoked 30's so the calc is off. Dont even know what a pack of Peter Jacksons in 20's is worth.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Horsham, Vic
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    new o ring on what centre post ? I have a vamo in front of me and its got me baffled. do you mean the atty connector ?

    are you doing things up with a pipe wrench ?
    3 months daily use on mine has left it 100% intact, ripped it half many a time playing with vamo split plastic bits. its been dropped a dozen times.
    i consider them a fairly robust unit.

    since you are saving $500 per week, you can afford a few spares
    The little white ring right in the middle.
    I would but the minister for War and Finance spends it as quick as I save it.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Off grid, quietly hermity, NW Tas
    Posts
    6,476
    It shouldn't be just a ring, it should have some depth to it as well as it has to insulate the centre pin from the body of the 510 connector.
    Did you just use the term oring or is that the shape you have put in?

    IMO Note: if you put in an oring, it's likely to be a short and your PCB is working hard to protect itself.
    Robray likes this.


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Horsham, Vic
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    It shouldn't be just a ring, it should have some depth to it as well as it has to insulate the centre pin from the body of the 510 connector.
    Did you just use the term oring or is that the shape you have put in?

    IMO Note: if you put in an oring, it's likely to be a short and your PCB is working hard to protect itself.
    It was an O-ring like has been suggested on a few sites. That sorted the shorting issue but now where I screw my clearimizer on is loose and the pcb moves.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Off grid, quietly hermity, NW Tas
    Posts
    6,476
    01-510BatAttyConnTypes.jpg

    Unless your Vamo is different from most of mine, the insulator in the 510 connection is not an oring, it takes the form of the little white dobry in this pic.
    I'd describe it as TWO orings, joined by a short tube. A single oring, in my vamos would not insulate the centre pin through the body.


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:48 PM.