Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: mod design stagnating.

AVF Regular

mod design stagnating.

it might just be the chinese recently starting to get into the whole mech mod telescope thing.

but even with the boutique designers, alot seem to be going after the same look.

i know theres only so much that can be done with a tube wot holds a battery. but it's just starting to seem that most of the mods look like other mods. if it's telescoping, it's either the gg or the empire, if it's mech it's either either going for the hybrid look, the gg look, or just a tube and a button, if it's got a circuit in it it's going for the provari look.

we already live in a country where every sports car that comes out looks like a family sedan that's been attacked by some fibreglass and sticky tape.

when was the last time you saw a thumbnail for one of scotts videos and thought "that's looks different".

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    been like that for a long time
    Ravenscroft likes this.
    QUOTE=Fatman; I have licked many things ... some I am proud of , some I am not :(

AVF Regular
    blankedouttenchar
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 01-09-13 at 03:02 AM.

Super Moderator
    Time to bring out the next BillyBoy mod then

Fatman X1
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    main reason why i havent plonked down big bucks for anything.

i got the gkmf.. sure many wick holes, yada yada, setup a dual u wick. hm, tons of vapor, cool. got bored. dual coil dual wick. still kept going back to my single wick aga-w.

mod wise, ive got a pinky button one, and a normal thumb button one, have a bottom switched on the way. im so bored iwth the new stuff im gonna try out cartos (since i skipped that part).

once i get it, i think im gonna wait till something NEW comes out. playing with juices and wicks for now.

So is it stagnating due to only so much that can be done in terms of hardware, or is it more of a design thing? I imagine it's the former, as there are tons of design ideas that can be done.

Maybe the wheel needs to be reinvented? Can any modders think of another system that will vaporise a liquid product into vapor, that would improve or better the current systems? If the answer is no, then maybe it has reached its zenith, and the only new concepts will be in design and/or materials used.

Personally I would like to see a tube style mod with the juice tank held in the middle of the tube instead of on the end, but even that is more of a design thing. Unless there is a valid technical reason for having the juice centred. Some new wicking concept perhaps.

AVF Regular
    I personally think the industry is limited by r&d. The Chinese invented the first ecigarette. But the Ecigarette itself wasn't widely recognised. Then modders picked up the trail and created newer stuff. Then the Chinese who couldn't be bothered inventing. Just copied. Same like other modders have done but just use better materials and different aesthetics. It's like Any real technology. One person or a small company comes up with the birth of something. What brings it to the masses in various degrees of fashion and evolution is a bigger mnc really investing into it. Because of the infancy and political bullshit with Ecigs all over the world no mnc would pick this up. Profit wise it's not a market viable yet. Yes alot of Vapers are out there. But r&d alone would be costlier. If ever Ecigs take over smoking then we'll see wonderful new things. Until then it's up to modders at lathes

AVF Regular
    If you're talking about battery holders, then yeah. China isn't really doing anything too snazzy.
    Toppers on the other hand... They lead in design and production. Clearos of all shapes and sizes, our beloved bottom coils and what not.
    It's not like they've been totally sitting on their hands, and if there wasn't a market for SS tubes with springs and 510 connections they wouldn't make them.

I think you've got to want something different before China will do anything about it.

I am tired of the tubes and boxes. Things should be getting smaller, with better battery life and functionality.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    I hear ya Rynxia! wish things were getting smaller but cell technology and safety are limiting factors. Personally been working on something but it exploded lol so not safe lol. Almost blew myself up.

Until we get better cell technology we will be restricted. I think nano wire cells were the next big thing and have been for the 2+ years i been vaping and still waiting lol. But honestly, we should be happy with what we have since the main aspect to remember is, we no longer are on the analogues And TBH, i can't be happier. I might look strange vaping on a light saber or Apollo looking device (the provari with spheroid or AMP tank) or a walky talky looking device (my Reo Grand) as my friends refer to them (most of which have now converted and are fellow vapers lol bar a few who still give me a hard time about it but all the ones that have converted have no idea why they didn't switch earlier), but hey, not smoking! and that's the winning factor! Just never lose sight of that main reason we switched and just be happy with vaping as an alternative or like most, have turned it into a hobby
    margyb, Rynxa and Jas like this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Vaping for me is an alternative to anologs, ppl often ask me "oh man is it really helping you cut down" or " geez you must of been a heavy smoker how many packs a day?" i could almost record myself and when asked that question just tell them to press play yo save me from having to explain myself however sometimes i take the time and really enjoy explaining to an individual what vaping is all about. I will never give it up because i still love having a vape straight away in the morning with my coffee or when i go out and have a beer with the boys and every other part of the day LOL. But saying all this its amazing how something starts so simple and ppl start vaping for the sole purpose to stop smoking which is great but then slowly find themselves finding a great hobby whilst enjoying pleasurable vaping, its amazing how much you love something and when you look at yourself when you first started to were you are now you can almost give yourself a pat on the back and say "hey i know my shit"
    Last edited by Jas; 24-04-13 at 05:05 AM.
    Michael-Mikey-Mike likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast