Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Stoney
  • 2 Post By 308hjute
  • 1 Post By Fatman

Thread: battery pin not making contact

battery pin not making contact

eGo K Vision Compact Kit V2 in 30 styles [02-F] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Ive got 2 of these

one of the batteries has a dud connector

every time i put it on the charger or connect a cart

it doesn't work the next time i try to use it

so i pull up the connector(terminal?)

and everything's fine

im worried that continually pulling up the terminal will eventually break it

im guessing it should be spring loaded?

Can it be fixed?

im happy to pull it apart

i just don't want to break it

any tips?

AVF Regular
    Buy a mod with adjustable connector and use the egos as emergency

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    My ego Q's from there have the same problem. Been using them for over 3 months and haven't damaged it yet from wiggling them up with tweezers. It's annoying but not a huge issue for me, they still work great. It was just when I first got them and couldn't work out what was wrong with them that it drove me crazy, but since figuring it out its been fine lol!

Super Moderator
    Hi Glenn , the connectors arent spring loaded or anything , they are just a fit into an insulating sleeve , so unfortunately you are probably stuck with having to wibble them out now and then once loose .
    Tip , egos etc do not need to be a tight fit when screwing together , this is what probably caused it to come loose in the first place , just a gentle finger tight is all you need . You can also pull the centre pin down a little on your clearos so they contact a little bit better .. be gentle tho else you could end up with the pin in your hand going " What the ! "
    wood duck likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

don't do them up all the way, just enough to contact and a 1/4 turn more, some attys are worse than others. you may have to screw it on a little further each time but usually not.

the inner part of the connector is just a loose bit of brass held in a silicon sleeve, it can slide for a long time before anything bad happens .. being the wire snapping off, never seen that happen though.
    wood duck likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

ok thanks.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Hi Glenn , the connectors arent spring loaded or anything , they are just a fit into an insulating sleeve , so unfortunately you are probably stuck with having to wibble them out now and then once loose .
    Tip , egos etc do not need to be a tight fit when screwing together , this is what probably caused it to come loose in the first place , just a gentle finger tight is all you need . You can also pull the centre pin down a little on your clearos so they contact a little bit better .. be gentle tho else you could end up with the pin in your hand going " What the ! "
    Is a 'wibble' just a teeny weeny little wobble?
    gtadmin and Fatman like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Is a 'wibble' just a teeny weeny little wobble?
    Yes .... as opposed to a weeble
    308hjute likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them