Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Atomizer Help

Atomizer Help

After trying genesis, silica rebuildables and cartomizers I have decided that I prefer standard atomziers. I have the AMP tank, the team rampage APS (which is like a UFS) and I have a Reo Grand on the way.

My problem is that I came to atomizers last of all and don't know much about them. I am looking to bulk buy some atomizers that would be suitable for bottom fed mods and the amp tank, but haven't got a clue. I have a couple of questions.

306 - is it just a different connection? I have read that they fit 510 devices, confuserated.

Bridgeless - I understand from my research that these have better flavour, but are they suitable for the Reo and other bottom feeders?

Anything else I need to know?
    Life is too short for genesis atomisers and pbusardo reviews.

306 atties screw straight onto a 510 connector.

Honestly dont know the difference, but like you I was confuzzled. So bought a LR 306 Atty with a juice order to test it and its sitting on my Bolt right now.
    AlbinoNeutrino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

Super Moderator
    Different airflow on the 306 compared to the 510 i believe.

Just order one of each and find which you prefer. Then.... bulk order after!

Thanks, I think that is good advice, I'll try a few out and get a feel for them.

AVF Regular
    306 atomizers have there own drip tips differant to normal dt's as well
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

Quote Originally Posted by izmali View Post
    306 atomizers have there own drip tips differant to normal dt's as well

Yeah, I gather you need a drip sleeve, whatever that is, to use 510 drip tips.

What about the whole bridgeless thing? Are they ok for bottom feeders?

Super Moderator
    Yes either bridged or bridgeless is fine for bottom feeders.

I believe depending on the atty in question though, most prefer bridged as bridgless tend to spit abit when over fed by a bottom feeder.

AVF Regular
    The connection is exactly the same on a 310 as it is a 510, the difference between the two is that the 306 has a lesser diameter, is shorter and oddly enough the draw is somewhat different. On a 306 bridged atty, the bridge tends to protrude from the atomiser.
    If you want to use 510 drip tips, you do need a specific sleeve, otherwise, you can just use regular 306 DT's that already have the sleeve.
    They're easy enough to use and are good atties (provided you get the right ones, Chinese branded SR tend to be really bad!) that will be perfect on your reo. If you want to use one in your AMP Tank it will require some modding.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Jas
    AVF Regular
    306's have a more airy draw than 510's IMO anyway, I used 306 and 510's on my Reo Grand, both work great, i prefer with the bridge deff stops the spitting

AVF Regular
    as with everything in vaping its personal preference. I wouldn't buy bulk in anything, but try a few of different makes and suppliers first to see what you prefer with what device.

Some only use bridgeless 306 atties, I never did as they were less tolerant to overfilling and more prevalent to spitting - Joye make ok 306 atties but i prefer cisco. Also 306 atties do vary a tad in diameter so you need to get drip tips and sleeves to match

510's again are good but some would say a little cooler in vape - again there are numerous brands of them and some people like one type but hate others - i preferred IKV

then you need to think about ohms - I prefer 1.8ohm atties on mecanical mods, but some prefer 1.5 and others prefer 2.2 because they think lower ohms stuff the flavour up.

For me my preference was IKV i06 atomisers at 1.8 ohms on mechanical mods, warm with great vapour and flavour (again these are different in size to the above but similar in design to 306), on VV devices I preferred 3ohm 510 ikv atomisers at around 5v's as I found they lasted longer and provided a fuller vape with nice flavour. Some people swear by 901 and 808 atties, but you need an adapter for those.

Others will pay $30 for what some think are the best - HH 357's, I was not sold on these, but many are.

You need to be carefull that whatever you buy fit your tanks first.

Vapeking is a good place to start as they have a good range of 306 and 510's, bridgeless and non as well as in the ikv section their 510's and i06 atomisers. Get 1 of each and give them ago before you buy bulk from overseas is my suggestion. No easy answers just 100's of differing opinions. Truth is that all are usually ok, and they only vary by 10 to 15% in vapour warmth, flavour and life, in the same ohm ranges, but while many are happy with standard joyes others chase for ever that 10 % improvement - i did lol when i used them
    Last edited by Mickg33; 29-04-13 at 05:24 PM.
    kritikal, Fatman, syclone and 1 others like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast