Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By kay67kay
  • 2 Post By kay67kay

Thread: bc comparison

AVF Regular

bc comparison

Protank vs vobcc vs evod vs t3/t2 vs comet.

wat bottom coil devices do you guys prefer?
    ive only used comets and i much prefer the vape from them over stardusts, vivi's and carto tanks.

are the bigger tank ones better?
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    i've tried comets and t3s. the comets are great, which you already know. the t3s are crap, imho. poor vapour and taste. i tried removing a wick, which seemed to work a bit to improve vapour and taste, but wasn't long before it was flooding. the draw is incredibly airy and i had to block 2 of the air holes. way too much stuffing around for what seemed like very little return. i'm hoping to get my vobcc tomorrow, so shall report back then. i say don't waste your money on the t3. probably someone will be along in a tic and tell you they're fantastic, tho.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Im awaiting my Protank tomorrow and i am going to compare the the protank coils in one tank and put the Evod coils in the other, I think BC cleros/glasomizer (protank) are they way to go if your going down that path as its BC and the flavour should be more noticed as its wicking straight from the coil, not compared to a attie and direct dripping of course but has the same concept but in bottom coil form. Ive tried T3's and to me i have better flavour from them compared to a stock vivi and other top fed cleros. Draw is airy yes i have to agree on that part but you you get a damm good amount of vapour, TH and flavour. The protank to me looks very nice and what i have seen it is the perfect size fit for a provari and sits flush. If the evod coils stiffen the draw up then i cant see myself changing to another BC clero. My juices are also 80/20 PG juices so i dont have that problem with removing the top wick, however if your a higher VG vaper then it only takes 2 seconds to remove the top wick and that will eliminate most of your dry hit problems. I think the BC cleros IMO have potential over there conterparts.

AVF Regular
    None of the bcc clearos I've tried really beat the comet. I've had a bad run with them (3 out of 5 dumped all their juice and I can't seem to fix them) so I'm giving up and sticking with dripping and carto tanks. Just too much of a headache.
    THe VO BCC was nice until I had issues with the heads making a connection with the battery post. Can't find tiny pliers to fix. Am lazy.
    T3s are a good emergency option for me. I rebuild my t3 heads myself, so they don't taste as bad.

I assume the evod and the protank are essentially the same as a t3 but with a tighter draw and prettier externals.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    my vape only bcc came today. after a couple of false starts, it seems to be going ok. i'm vaping quite high vg juice in it, so have removed 2 wicks, which is nowhere near as easy as pbusardo makes it look in his video review! i've killed 2 coils already, one trying to get the centre post out, and the other trying to get it back in. anyway, with the 2 wicks removed, i'm getting decent vapour and flavour from it. i'm not sure i'm totally in love with it, but i'm finding it is tonnes better than the t3, probably not as good at the comet. it's early days yet and it might grow on me.

good - easy to fill, no syringe needed or anything, just straight from the dripper on the bottle. easy to change coils, even if it's full of juice. nice big capacity. pretty good vapour and flavour, tho not quite as good flavour as the comet. firm draw, which i like. so far, no gurgling or leaks.

bad - the threading on the tank looks really plasticky and i think if you weren't careful you could stuff it up. hard to remove wicks (you can pull them out from the side, but it's hard to get just one that way). it looks ... ugly, cheap and clunky sorta. might look better on a mod, but on an ego, it just doesn't sit well.

got a couple of other new things to try today as well, so i've vaped myself silly testing everything out. so far, i'd say i like more about the vobcc than i don't like.
    izmali, BleakOptimism and Domo like this.

Thanks for that kay, My vobcc should arrive some time soon as it forgot to get in the bag with the rest of my order, I went with that just to try bcc's, thought if I like the vape, I can upgrade to a protank, sounds hopeful it won't be a complete dud vape

AVF Regular
    VO BCC > MT BCC > Comet > Protank > Kanger T3

I have the 'remove one wick' thing for the VO BCCs practiced now, takes seconds. All round good/better vape for me
    MT BCC is good but easy for a high VG or deep vape to dry it
    Comets = to much {fiddly + dump juice + airy + Pressure sensitive}
    Protank to too airy to be usable for me, even with airflow controller
    Kanger T3 wrong in each dimension

AVF Regular
    I have two Vapeonly BCC's on a V-Tube and a provari, also using the IClear30's good flavour and TH out of both units, sometimes can have a problem with the VOBCC leaking if not done up tight and then it is hard to undo. Been using the VOBCC for past 3 weeks now. The Iclear is better imo as it has a better gripping point to undo, number of times I have had to put cloth around the end of the VOBCC and put in a vice to undo, might have to stop working out at the gym,lol. I vape 65% PG 35% VG the VOBCC does produce an excellent flavour and as stated above very easy to change coils, have not tried the protank so cant comment.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for responses ladies and gents know Wat vk will be sending me next
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    a tank and a half through it and the vobcc really is growing on me it's delivering fuss free flavour and vapour and is the easiest thing to fill. very smooth with not a hint of a leak or a gurgle. it seems to give a bit more throat hit than the comet somehow, so might be dropping my nic a bit or something. can't wait to get my vamo so I've got something more befitting it's size.
    gtadmin and MrGruffy like this.