Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Kanger Protank

Jas
    AVF Regular

Kanger Protank

So i received 2 of these babies in the post today and have been giving them a good run since the morning. What i can say first of all these things look great and are a solid "glasomizer" it looks very nice on a provari as the diameter of the protank is the exact diameter of the provaris top and sits flush. What i did notice though which i am abit angry about is the 2 tanks that i got the bottom air hole cut outs on the base differ from each tank. If you put them side to side and screw them on my mod one has proper air hole cuttings were you can see the little cut outs on the base, were as the other they are not cut out the same if you know what i mean, this is the only flaw i have in the overall build quietly of the pro tank, dont get me wrong they still work but i would like to see both tanks have the air cut outs the same not one bigger than the other. Now moving on. Airflow issue, to me its no were as near airy to the T3 i think its perfect for me but for some it mite not, Also i tried experimenting with some evod coils to put in one of the protanks what a absolute NO NO! they evod coils do not alow you to vape! it fires but when you take a draw it is blocked! i tried three 4 new evod coils and all the same issue, They were both screwed in properly and not loose just finger tight and you just cant draw! So i think the protank coils were specifically made for the pro tank?? if anyone else has had no issues with the evod coils please feel free to let me know. Wicking has been good as my juices are high PG 80/20 no need for me to remove the top wick.

Now one other thing ive tried to screw the protank on my MVP and it does not make the connection and doesn't fire same with my VAMO, does not fire now this could be due to the 510 connection on the devices being to low and i have pushed them down with over usage, however on ego twist batts and the provari no problem at all.

Overall the performance i have been getting since the morning has been up to my vaping standard and im really diggin the look of these on the provari, no gurgling or leaks but i dont let the juice hit rock bottom anyway so i top up when i see its running less then half a tank full.
    Last edited by Jas; 30-04-13 at 11:38 PM.

AVF Regular
    I got my 2 in mail today also and had gurgling, just remove the base and blow into the 510 adapter with a straw and the take a Q-tip (ear-bud) and clean the inside of tip you vape on and it goes away.
    Jeff

lol, we now have like 3 kanger protank threads..

Kanger Pro tanks - Discussion & Issues
    Jas likes this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    LOL! sometimes coming of a nightshift you can get abit sloppy

But yeah, a few weeks ago we tried rebuilding these and in the process we tried the EVOD heads, No air intake at all.

Just like rebuilding these with just Resistance wire is a big no no

Jas
    AVF Regular
    LOL good on you for at least trying Neo, I couldnt be bothered to rebuild these plus i wont be sticking any evod heads in them as they do not WORK! i think some of our vendors need to point out that the Protank heads are the only ones to be used in the protank.

So far having it on my provari im not getting any leaking, gurgling or dry hits and the airflow is perfect for me. What disappointed me though was the 2 tanks i received differed from one another as i pointed out in my first post. The cut out airflow channels were totally different to one another one looked like they had not cut any air channels in the base at all while the other looked like it should look.

I think it was only vapeking who listed "EVOD heads work in the Kanger protank"

We rofld at that pretty hard...

Kanger ProTank Glass Clearomizer

Quote " Replaceable Atomizer Heads (can be used with eVod coils or vice versa see note below) Note: The eVod and ProTank coils are interchangable, the eVod coil seems to have a slightly less airy draw. I do not know why the only obvious difference between the two is the center stem length. The ProTank center stem is a bit longer. The eVod Coils work just fine in any case."

There is clearly a huge difference in the heads other than the center stem.. the overall diameter of the head is smaller on an EVOD, Also an EVOD head would sit much lower on the kanger protank because of this.
    Jas likes this.

Did you let Brian know?
    shipo and Mushman like this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    yepp it was vapeking that wrote that, and after reading there note on the EVOD coils it made me purchase 2 packs of them which now are rubbish and have to go in the bin coz they DONT work in the protank! I dont use an evod so thats 13 buks gone to waste. They need to remove that note IMO im actually pissed of now!

Note to self continue to order from vapebar

I'm sure Brian will refund you or something if you email him. Don't write off one vendor over something so little.
    shipo, ckane and Mushman like this.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast