Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ohms for Kanger?

AVF Regular

Ohms for Kanger?

Only a week in and I feel I have outgrown my starter kits 1.6ml clearomizers.

Looking at Kanger BCC/MT-BCC 3ml varieties but I don't know if 1.8 or 2.2 Ohm coils would suit me.

Current batteries are ego-T 1100ma.

Anyone tried both or at least know what the differences are?

I'm guessing the higher Ohm ones are for the bigger mod batteries but not exactly sure.

Cheers.

I had some 1.8 ohm but found at 3.7v gave a burnt taste. I also have 2.2ohm which vape well at 3.7v.
    That's my opinion and others may think differently.

AVF Regular
    if you get a vape only bcc, it comes with 3 different resistance coils, so you can try them all and see what works best for you. just a thought. having said that, i found that with most the things I've tried, with a regular ego battery, the 2.2ohm or there about was best. any lower and they end up tasting burnt.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys, looks like I want a higher Ohm option. Lucky I asked as I thought it was the other way around! XD

Quote Originally Posted by cYcLoNe675 View Post
    Thanks guys, looks like I want a higher Ohm option. Lucky I asked as I thought it was the other way around! XD
    Here to help where we can.
    Porpoise likes this.

AVF Regular
    i'd say stock out of the box, they don't handle too much power well. But after the coil and wick have been replaced with a better quality one (rebuilt) i found i could push them as hard as a carto and atty. I haven't used one in a while though but i'd say stock, run it .5 volts lower than you would normally (eg 2.2 ohm coil run at 3.7volt considering i usually run everything at ohms + 2 volts). But with some quality silica wick in there and a good rebuild you can push it a lot more. Used to make 2.2 ohm coils and run them at 4.2 to 4.5 volts) the burning also comes from the resistance wire heating the rubber gromit. Rebuild with R (resistance) and NR (no resistance) wire and you should be pretty sweet. I used to only do mine with R wire but i would make sure i snapped the wire off as flush as i could to the device to prevent any burning.

Hope that helps

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Not really MMM, way over my head bro. I do appreciate the info though, will probably read it back later when I have more experience. My current battery has no options, it's a basic ego-T 1100ma.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    LOL MMM i think his brain exploded you rebuildable maniac LOLOLOL!!!

I would go with the 1.8ohm stock heads cyclone on a 3.7v batt. Great flavour vapor and throat hit for what you got. Nice and simple and you cant go wrong with a LR 1.8ohm head at 3.7 volts to get you started.

The kanger evod is a great option for both beginners and still used alot by veteran vapers.

AVF Regular
    yo sorry cyclone sorry about that, was having a quick browse at the time on my iphone. Just as Jas said, 1.8 ohm is perfect!

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    OK thanks guys.

Keep hearing stories about "burnt taste" so I figured higher (2+ ohms) as per Kays comment would be better.
    Maybe I should just try both for myself, saving plenty of cash right now!
    "Stardusts" are doing the job, I just like the sound of a 3ml tank I don't have to tip all the time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast