Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Upgrade imminent.

AVF Regular

Upgrade imminent.

Howdy all

Im currently using Kanger 2s and vision spinners but I feel like I need to upgrade, I want something that looks cooler haha. I like the idea of some of these new batteries that keep track of how many puffs youve had etc and a function to tell me how much battery I have remaining is important also.

I dont vape at particularly high voltages but would like the option so I can show friends

Evic? Provari? Innokin? Lavatube?
    jen likes this.

Super Moderator
    Pink provari? They are solid and just keep on going. Mine is 14 months old, still goes fine.

only one that has puff counters and geeky screen is the evic.
    I quite like mine, has not been dropped onto assorted floors about 6 times and broken a drip tip with no damage to itself.

I haven't used the provari since I got it actually, initially to test but now its quite grown on me, bunch of different tube colours and spare parts avaialble, bit pricey but its got a geek factor.

only issue is you need to remove batterys to charge as the inbuilt USB charge is woefully slow and the bottom cap is quite short and a little tricky to find the threads at times.
    It took me a week before the button came to hand without thinking about it.

function wise, seeing your voltage when you use VW or wattage when you use VV .. or the other stuff I have not even played with much, it makes the provari look like an austin 7. its not a mercedes SLK tho .. more like a corolla .. reliable but inderpowered

I have not seen more than 11W out of it yet, but hell, thats more than enough for me.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Kangar T2's have ego threading. So if you get a provari mini, you'll need an adapter (510-ego). My suggestion for the next logical step would be the evic. Has ego threading, the puff counter, shows the battery level, voltage & watts all on the screen. About half the price of the provari.
    Don't get me wrong, I have the provari mini as well and I love it. Well built, feels super solid.
    I sort of compare these two as the provari as a lambourghini, and the evic as high-end family car. lol
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    The provari mini looks like a tampon, I'd go the regular. The evic sounds/looks superior though hmmmm

cmon, the lamborghini is fast and high tech .. the provaris more .. low tech diesel nowadays, solid, reliable but features .. nup.

power wise .. provari is tricky to get more than 12/14W .. evic does 11, even an ego twist will do 10.5 or so.

its more old army truck than lambo
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

and the A8 is made for it, crap .. looks pink backlit, i prefer to think of it as purple..
    GirlyPantz likes this.

True stoney. the provari is more like a tank... lol

Here's mine
    evic.jpg
    Last edited by Roguex2x; 03-05-13 at 03:06 AM. Reason: pic

AVF Regular
    Well I've Sussed out an evic @ manufacturers price, trying for a provari now...ill just flog the one I don't like on here !

AVF Regular
    I would suggest a provari to anyone I haven't got one BUT the reviews are that they are truly reliable. I had the svd and to be honest it was a piece of crap. centre firing pin seems to lose contact and have to lever it up some times .

the evic hmm seems to be a close second in my book but are you going to really use the geeky functions/gimmicks

if I could go back in time when I first started vaping I would go for a provari

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast