Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By izmali
  • 1 Post By davee
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Stardust break-in period

Stardust break-in period

Hi guys, I have a question about the vision stardusts I got from vapeking.
    Vision eGo Stardust Clearomizer V3 I bought the low resistance 1.8
    I've read that these need a 'break-in period', but I don't really know what that means. I filled a new one up last night, let it sit for a couple of minutes while I fiddled around, screwed it into my ego T and started vaping. It was a very harsh strong hit that had a plasticky taste underneath the flavor. It also seemed to be getting very hot. I persevered with it and its better this morning. I noticed that the thick wick was very fluffy and spread out on this one. I have another that I accidentally broke, so I got the replacement coil head from vapeking (2.4 ohm sr) I think and it works well.
    Any thoughts/tips you guys have on these would be appreciated.

AVF Regular
    did u pull apart the Stardust give it a wash and dry burn before filling?
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

No, I didn't. It's working better now without that taste. I'm still wondering about the mouthpiece getting hot. Is it something to do with the low resistance?

AVF Regular
    never really noticed that but i dont use my stardusts all that much anymore (didnt hold enough liquid and was going through a couple a day when i first started).
    Porpoise likes this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

CCC
    If you get a yucky taste at the start its just primer fluid. The break in period means it seems to taste and peform better after the first tank have been vaped through. The mouthpiece should not get hot, how hot are we talking?

edit - warm mouthpiece is normal, i never noticed it before i think it is because the coil is at the top.

It's warm with one draw (I take quite long draws) and if I have another one or two quite quickly afterwards it gets very warm to the point where it's uncomfortable on my lips. But if its normal that's ok.

AVF Regular
    I dont' know that it's good for it to be getting that warm. is it only getting that hot with the 1.8 ohm coil, or with the 2.4 as well?

It will definitely be a hotter vape with the 1.8ohm coil. You do have to be a bit more careful with them as you can burn the juice a bit. I find if you let go of the button, and keep drawing for a while it'll help it cool.
    Porpoise likes this.

AVF Regular
    I've always found the super low resistance coils (1.8) burn on the stardust with a standard ego batt. the other low resistance ones (2.4) are much better. vapeking only has the coils in 2 different resistances, but vapebar has about 5 from memory.
    Porpoise likes this.