Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Pro Vari 2.5 had a moment today with mine.

AVF Regular

Pro Vari 2.5 had a moment today with mine.

Pretty well drop kicked mine right in the button, caused a bit of damage. My fault completely fell out of top pocket and got a size 11 steel cap in the face, perfect drop punt.

Decided I am not sending it to the US or attempting to claim a warranty issue as it wasn't, it was outright Grevious Mod Harm. So here is a pic of my 3 week old Provari 2.5 after the autopsy to determine the cause of death.

. image.jpg

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

Bummer mate, feeling that one. There seem to be some electronic wiz kids around here so hold tight as I am sure some good tips will be forthcoming.

i got some replacement buttons coming soon..
    GirlyPantz and second_chance like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    i got some replacement buttons coming soon..
    Seems a small resistor, pictured between the button top and tiny metal spring came off with it, when first looked at the vari I had kicked the button into the recess and the button on the PCB had deformed to one side, the side where this little resistor was and it was bent off in sympathy.

I imagine it could be hand repaired, I probably could fix the button its only the metal cage that has released and I could reassemble it and ensure it retains.

It's the tiny resistor that bothers me, not sure if it is in itself cactus or could be reattached.

Anyway, I see there are some members who are gurus if you want to take the Pepsi challenge I will post it and if it is fixed pay a fair price and postage in return. If its cactus you may bury it at sea.....

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

Another option is to send it back to Provape for repair, they will either repair or replace the circuit board depending how much damage there is to the circuit board.

Terms and Conditions

Standard Service Repair Costs

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
    Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
    Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
    Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
    Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
    Cleaning - $10.00
    Replace top cap - $15.00
    Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00

Return shipping within the USA - $5.00
    Return shipping International ~$39.00
    So you're looking best case scenario $64 + postage to US, up to $104 + postage.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

Don't let this provari go to waste.. Its only 3 weeks old.

Try get it fixed.
    GirlyPantz and phxrxonic like this.

AVF Regular
    grievous modily harm ... poor provari
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    Another option is to send it back to Provape for repair, they will either repair or replace the circuit board depending how much damage there is to the circuit board.

Terms and Conditions

So you're looking best case scenario $64 + postage to US, up to $104 + postage.
    Yeah could be an option, or buy a cheaper VV/VW and abuse 2 or them for the same price. The repair is a very reasonable price, the shipping is the killer, umm thought about it all while typing this, I have a SS roller arriving tomorrow, got to Brisbane Friday night after leaving Greece on Wed, outstanding service there for 19 Euro DHL.

I should at least get another cheapie VV/VW and I will send this one back for repair as it is a pretty awesome device, however not drop kickable. Lesson learnt, no biggie just a little embarrassment.

looks from your blurred pic and a squint, it might be these near the input connector.

there is 2 on either side and I suspect the 2 further in are all in parallel .. so 6 caps in parallel for input filtering.

good chance it does not need them all, as its just to reduce the input surge needs, depends on power levels used.
    but i can measure the caps and replace them if needed.
    thats an easy one. happy to tackle that for nix.

the switch (this one is nothingexperts and needs one) .. not so sure how I will go with that, its too close packed to use my hot air rework station .. would desolder and blow away half the top components. also the switches i am getting are not totally identical, slightly closer terminals, close enough tho i think.

put your switch back together, i think you will find it still works.
    GirlyPantz and MrGruffy like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

It is so useful to have so many techies and DIY'ers on this forum haha.
    GirlyPantz, mrsgruffy and Gresh11 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast