Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ego vv or Vision spinner

AVF Regular

Ego vv or Vision spinner

What's the difference between an ego vv and a vision spinner, is the latter an imitation? The features seem identical as does the appearance.

Secondly, if I want to vape from 3.3v - 4.8v what is the best clearo to use. I have kanger t2s (1.8ohms is ohms the right term? does that mean resistance? im still such a noob) but they taste like plastic after I reach 3.8. Is there a clearo that can cater to the 3.3-4.8v range or do I need seperate ones?

Thanks

AVF Regular
    From what i understand, the Ego VV is from the makers of the K-GO (originally) and the Spinner, is a rip off of the ego twist, just with a wider battery instead of longer (i could be completely wrong on this)
    I have heard mainly good things on the Spinner, while the Ego vv has a sticky button on some (it continues to fire about 1 second after button release)

As for the Clearo, that plastic taste is more than likey the rubber gromit being heated up. I am not familiar with Kanger T2's though. I have used T3's before and ran a 2.2 ohm at 4.5V before on a provari with no issues (using a 510 to ego adapter of course, not that it would make any difference)

Most top coil clearo's might struggle at feeding the coil while at higher voltages so heat from the coil and wire might be a bit more noticeable. However, with bottom feed clearos you can also have feeding issues depending on the mix of juice and floating coils to stop flooding.

I have heard great things on the Kanger protank from reviewers (yet to read the thread on here yet) but the nature of feeding from the clearo will be the reason for the burning plastic taste. A simple Carto tank will combat that or a slightly modded or rebuilt clearo will do the trick as well.

The draw on the T2 might also be too tight thus not allowing enough cooling to the coil and it heating up. I found that on a standard vivi nova but after i drilled the bottom two air holes out from 1mm to 1.5mm on the 510 connector it was a new beast.
    fifthflo likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

I vape with a 1.8 ohm clearo with an eGo twist with no problem (as long as you keep the coil wet), although the 2.4ohm coil gives you more control and less dry hits.

I would reccomend an eGo twist (~$25) with a V3 stardust (~$6) and purchase some 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8 ohm coils (~$2 ea) that you can screw into it and test them out for yourself.

If you want to go smaller, try the Vision spinner 400mah. Although the smaller the device, the less charge time.

There isn't much difference between the eGo twist and the Vision spinner from what I can see and from the reviews Ive watched.
    fifthflo likes this.

The Ego VV has a small LCD screen at the bottom of the ecig. The Ego VV Isn't a Twist battery.

The spinner is a rip off of the Ego Twist but has a larger battery 1300mah instead of 1000mah like the twist AFAIK.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ah I was confused I thought the ego vv had the 'twist' function. So it's the ego twist I initially wanted to compare.

I have two vision spinners 1300mah one is 5mths old and still cranking I leave the thing on and the battery lasts for 4 days, no shit!!! For $30 I'm happy. Ripoff or not it can handle being dropped all the time. I bought a second one as opposed to an ego as there's so many ego clones with ego printed on them how do I know what is genuine?

Will get that clearo and coils mav, cheers!
    Last edited by fifthflo; 06-05-13 at 03:09 AM.
    Stomp likes this.

AVF Regular
    its pretty hard to tell the real ego from a fake. I remember years ago i was watching a review (think fazed did it) where he pulled an ego and an ego clone (think it was the Riva from east mall) apart and it used the exact same cell. Circuitry, can't see much difference in the switch really (at least not back then when egos were pretty new)

I have heard that the spinner is a lot more durable than the ego c twist and the numbers are a lot more legible as well. The spinner is not a rip of per say as its appearance is different opposed to a direct copy. BUT! the main thing is your off the smokes and you have found something you like and its working! winning right there.

as for clearos, a lot of people still can;t go past vivi novas (and since your using a ego style, a mini nova would be a good match as well). I started a mate off with a VO BCC and the stardust clearo as well as the vivi nova (which i bored the air hole out to 1.5mm opposed to the stock air holes) and he has been using the vivi the most out of all and likes the warm vapor and flavor.
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 06-05-13 at 04:49 AM.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    It appears there's just as many vivi nova clones.....ill just order from VK and hope its quality like everything else they've supplied me. So the mini you reckon and mav says v3 stardust, I guess ill try both providing they're top coil. I don't mind tilting it to wet the wicks it's just part of the ritual now. I like the 2.4ml capacity of my kanger t2s only have to refill every couple of days I suppose I can deal with a smaller capacity. Tanks look too big I don't want something wider than my fatboy spinner! Besides tanks aren't top coil are they?

AVF Regular
    if your using the fatter Spinner, the normal Vivi Nova may still match it. Never used a spinner so i don't know the measurements. Can always shoot MB an email and ask for the measurements if they aren't up on the website. The Vivi mini and standard are both top coil like the stardusts. I have used the stardusts before and tbh i prefer the vivi nova, draw is a little lighter, stardusts are a bit tight for my liking. So its all up to personal preference. That and boring out the 2 small air holes on the vivi novas 510 connection really improved its performance in my opinion. Again, it makes the draw even airier, but brings more flavor and vapor at the same time.

The normal vivi nova holds 3.5ml. the mini i think holds 2.5 ml according to their website (vapeking)

Just measured the vivi nova (maxi) and its 18mm opposed to the spinners 16mm. So aesthetically, the mini would be better
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Lol true I haven't harrassed MB for a week or so ill just order a mini and the v3 stardust and see how I go....the kanger t2s give an airy draw but I don't mind I just take like 6 second puffs and that satisfies me. As long as I'm getting my nic I'm pretty adaptable and easily pleased.....only other clearos I've tried are ce4s and the only fault I found was the lack of capacity...now I have 30 of the bastards sitting idle lol.

AVF Regular
    What happens if I use a 2.5 resistance coil on a low voltage setting? I'm thinking not enough power to create vapour?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast