Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Low resistance vs standard

AussieVapers approved Vendor

Low resistance vs standard

Im keen to try a pre-punched carto tank but unsure on which resistance to get, what's the difference? I'm currently using stardusts and vivi novas but want to try something new.

AVF Regular
    Do you know what ohms the ones you are using are and will you be running it on an ego or a variable voltage type mod?

I Love 510D boge LR tanked cartos but a LR stardust is a close 2nd for warmth and satisfaction on an ego battery... not the same but very vapeable (the carto has a bit more punch)
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 06-05-13 at 07:25 AM.
    Jas likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I've got 2.4 ohm on an ego c twist, but looking at getting a bigger mod in the near future

AVF Regular
    If you are running a VV mod a standard resistance should be fine ,,, you just adjust the voltage to suit. I haven't tried the ego twist so I don't know how they compare to bigger mods but I know one person who sold their Provari in favour of the Twist but I am sure he had plenty of other mods to fall back on.

I am probably one of a rare few running an LR carto on a VV mod lol.... why? because i like it lol

(actually i think i just ordered the wrong cartos at the start and fell in love with them lol)

Low resistance basically mimics vaping at a higher voltage on a standard battery... i think thats close lol
    Standard resistance gives you what ever the battery has to offer... so on an ego it would be roughly 3.3v
    High resistance lets you vape at 6 volts without popping the coil
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 06-05-13 at 07:59 AM.
    Roxxiiangel likes this.

AVF Regular
    Would you like me to post you a couple of LR cartos to try? Mine are single coils, it is harder to get tanks for them because most people seem to prefer duel coils these days, but I still think these are awesome.
    Fatman likes this.

Mine are single coils, it is harder to get tanks for them because most people seem to prefer duel coils these days, but I still think these are awesome.
    What do you mean it's harder to get tanks for them? Just get the XL sized LR cartos and they will fit the boge F16 and F17 tanks fine.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    LR boges all the way. In a tank they hit nice at 4.2 volts on a vv mod, thats if you get a good pack of boges, my LR boges lately have been crapy. However if you get a good batch they work very well in a carto tank at 4.2V and well outdo your stardusts and novas by a long shoot.

Im keen to try a pre-punched carto tank but unsure on which resistance to get, what's the difference? I'm currently using stardusts and vivi novas but want to try something new.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    What do you mean it's harder to get tanks for them? Just get the XL sized LR cartos and they will fit the boge F16 and F17 tanks fine.

I would but I love my shortys so they are all I have to offer... If Roxxi falls in love with these ones she needs to that know up front hehe

AVF Regular
    I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

I'm using an ego twist, 1100 battery. But only because it feels nice in my hand, and looks good! I have no idea about volts and resistance, what do these things affect? Taste? Vapor? Or something else?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJ View Post
    I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.

I'm using an ego twist, 1100 battery. But only because it feels nice in my hand, and looks good! I have no idea about volts and resistance, what do these things affect? Taste? Vapor? Or something else?
    if the volts you are using are too high for the resistance of the atomiser/cartomiser, it will give you a burnt taste (you will know it when you taste it :/ ). Unless using a vv device most of the batteries are 3.7v so 1.5-2 ohm attyy/carto should be fine on these.

I think it will depend on the juice though. I saw someone post something about a +2 rule. if your resistance is 1.5 for example, 3.5 v should give you a good vape. The limited juices I have tried tend to follow this rule and any time I tried to go higher on my Vamo using resistance around this mark, I just got the burnt yuck taste.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast