Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Evic + RSST = FAIL 8(

Gday all

Today with glee I opened up my RSST Genie. Made wick and 32K coil (4coil) smacked it on an Ego bat for testing.

Everything fine but def needing a bit more Ommf! So out comes the Evic.

Screw it in ............. "Atomizer short"

Tried centre post adjustments, more coils, less coils and it makes no difference. Evic still working on every thing else.

So now I'm down to 3 coil on the Ego Twist which will have to do until my mech mod turns up.

Now the only thing that will work in my Evic are Boge and Kanga cartos/Evods.

Any Smok gear is fail.

I am now beginning to think the initial fitting off the RSST has push down the centre post of the Evic a little.

Anyone know how I can fix it? Ive tried pushing the post from the inside of the head but I dont think it is a direct post.

Update: Kanger is now intermittent "Atomizer short". 8(

AVF Regular
    Update:

HAd a closer look at post and it was push down abit, more than any thing it was pushed down and sloped.

I got a fill needle and gently prior'd the post all round evenly lifting and levelling it.

All devices now working. I even screwed back the post on the RSST and gentley wouns down.

It detected and I set for "FOG". Got 1 or 2 vapes then it did the same thing. I guess they are just not suited for each other.

Had to do the lift thing again.

AVF Regular
    im using my RSST with evic no worries at all

AVF Regular
    to bring up the centre post just unscrew it till it goes up a bit. i have issues too with certain mech mods. the centre post is adjustable so just play around a bit. i dont have an evic tho.

AVF Regular
    I've tried adjustments, still no go. Evic is chewing everything else though. 8)
    I'm getting a kick to go in my mech mod, so that will be my geni device.

AVF Regular
    Hey Bobbavet, not wanting in the least to rain on your parade but consider;
    The kick only gives power out from 5w to 10w
    Introduces 2 more connections to your whole power circuit (3 if you count the dodgy spring for circuit board negative)
    Is not happy with LOW resistance attys.
    AND, putting a kick in a mech mod makes it a limited general purpose VW mod.

I love the kick, but putting one in a mech mod changes the experience electrically.

*Note: ignore all this tripe, I would, and I'd just do whatever the hell I wanted to and made me feel good about my vaping.
    Last edited by MrGruffy; 09-05-13 at 09:56 AM.

I have an evic and luckily only had no-atomizer trouble with a few ego threaded clearos but they worked on other devices. I threaded on another 510-ego adaptor on top and then they all worked without fault. I know the RSST is 510 but maybe worth a shot if you have one?

and this is where a provari v2 shines, 3.5A at 2.9v limit .. 0.8Ω is ok..

I am currently using a 0.9Ω coil (2.5 turns 32 gauge on 3.5mm wick) and thought my hex with a good panasonic in it would be awesome power, it came out at about 12W freshly charged (hex may need a clean) and the button was a bit intermittent. Power is only going to be there for freshly charged cells.

chucked it on the provari and set it to 3.1v .. theres my 12W back from go to woe and a nice soft touch button.

ended up deciding 2.9v was better anyway.

so .. back on the provari and an A8 at the moment.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

what's the deal with sub 1 ohm? that would be 1-2 wraps right? why is it preferred over standard like 1.5 or 1.8?

option of higher power in less heater.
    it was an experiment, trying to find out if i can get more flavour out of an A8.

taking 6v as a max voltage .. then most you will get from 3Ω is 12W
    1Ω you can get 36W, if the mod can do 6A anyway.

so a broader range of power available.

reason i did it though is that 3Ω is a larger heater spread over a lot of wick, that coupled with lower wattage overall means a lower temperature.
    I am trying to use 3.5mm wick which holds a lot of juice and takes a lot to heat, so putting more power into less wick is the logical step.
    hence 2 turns spread far apart.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast