AVF Regular

Siam Tank/VKS slotted carto and Pheonix rebuildable clone

Testing them side by side at the moment and just thought I would share these personal insights.

The VKS is at 2.2ohms running at 4v on my Vamo. and the Juice is an RY4 purchased locally (read imported from China somewhere).

When the vamo deigns to work the vapour is pretty good, flavour is there and it is pretty smooth. It is a bit on the noisy side but overall it is going well. My only gripe about the carto is the lack of a flange and the need to be really careful when removing it (or dropping it the last 5mm onto the table) as the carto pushes right through.

The Siam tank is functioning as it should, no leaks (unless the aforementioned carto slide happens due to lack of attentiveness). Overall this combo works but I don't think I will persist with the VKS cartos. In its current setup I wouldn't be game to take this setup on the road.

The pheonix clone is on my ego T. When I first took it for a run it was on the vamo, which now refuses to register it at all (reads 9.9). When it first worked, it was approx 2.5ohms and is in its original configuration (ie I haven't stuffed around with it yet).

I love it. It's so quiet I keep checking the button light to make sure it is working and the vapour, flavour are on par with the VKS. It is even smoother than the carto though which I think makes it even better. I had also been using the RY4 with a 306 atty/Ego T and after a little while got pretty rough on the throat. The carto tank and the Pheonix clone make this juice enjoyable.

The only downside is it does leak if left on its side, so again this will be an 'at home' vape. I was also surprised by how tiny the guts were and when I build my first coil will be a serious test on both my skills and eyesight.

As an afterthought, I think the Vamo is going to be relegated to the spare parts pile. I love it but this one shits me to tears so I'll get around to an attempted fix sometime in the future.

Super Moderator
    I got a cheap ($6 delivered) LED Headband Magnifier (model #MG81007-A) off fleabay and it works a treat. Uncomfortable but ...
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I got a cheap ($6 delivered) LED Headband Magnifier (model #MG81007-A) off fleabay and it works a treat. Uncomfortable but ...
    I have been looking at desktop magnifiers, the headband idea sounds good thought. Thanks

Pretty sure the kids will try knocking it off though... :/

Super Moderator
    The advantage with this is it's fugly, no kid would be seen dead with them on. I can also wear my glasses under it. Much better than using one of those "helping hands" though.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

The Siam tank is functioning as it should, no leaks (unless the aforementioned carto slide happens due to lack of attentiveness). Overall this combo works but I don't think I will persist with the VKS cartos. In its current setup I wouldn't be game to take this setup on the road.
    This is the reason why I got the phiniac tanks, they grip the carto like a vice, so no problems with unflanged cartos.