Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Brass and juice

AVF Regular

Brass and juice

Looking for help with personal informed experience or authoritative links to help me understand the ins and outs of juice in brass. Brass drippers, containers etc, just wherever juice can come into contact with brass, what's the outcome?

from my experience it makes the juice taste horrible, even very different tasting juices all end up tasting the same by the end of the first day. But that is just my experience with the mini dids I got from alibaba...

A mini DID would be copper not brass?

A chinese manufacturer would never use brass. It costs too much. Would be copper and ment to be electroplated.
    Itsmerobyn likes this.

AVF Regular
    Same here, I'd like to know what happens chemically but I suspect I wouldn't understand the answer.

So, next Q, what coatings make brass 'Food Safe' and are durable to ejuice and ~200c temperatures?

AVF Regular
    brass can poision you I believe due to the lead thats added during smelting. Also its other component copper is a poision as well, just full of good news this morning arent I lol
    Poisoning and Environmental Health Forum - brass poisoning symptoms ?

AVF Regular
    The lead is nasty, but obvious, the copper is a little more insidious, geez, any metals in any quantity seems nasty to us.
    Reading this stuff over recent times I've read way to much on the things we statistically ingest, from aluminium to insects. Insects are not nice but meh, not happy about the metals and chemicals, rather reduce my unplanned metal intake.

What treatment is available to act as a barrier between the metal and us and the juice?

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure I'd like brass coming into contact with anything I inhale, if heat is involved. It's toxic as hell in a flame,with the gases it gives off (as are many metals), so if it's close to an atty, I wouldn't go there.
    Just sayin'
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    I'm not sure I'd like brass coming into contact with anything I inhale, if heat is involved. It's toxic as hell in a flame,with the gases it gives off (as are many metals), so if it's close to an atty, I wouldn't go there.
    Just sayin'
    Good sayin EM. Noting that lots of my (our?) metal attys seem to be brass/copper/chrome. I've had trouble finding minimum safe level of brass, and nothing I can understand on the quality required for chrome to be safe.

Its only bad if you let it oxidise. Thats why brass pans and copper pans have such high maintenance? Pretty sure pans and things used to be made of brass and copper.

For instance, you can get Zinc drip tips. That has to be bad aswell if you let it oxidise.
    Last edited by neofelis; 07-05-13 at 09:33 AM.

AVF Regular
    I dont think its just the heat so much as the acidity in the juice. However most things we put in our mouths as vapers are chrome plated and the brass is well sealed.
    Mushman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast