Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Vision Eternity for a techno-retard?

AVF Regular

Vision Eternity for a techno-retard?

I've been drooling over this thing for ages cuz it's so pretty. But they say on this link that you need to have a multimeter? WTF is a multimeter?

Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer | Ecig Life

VoG, please don't start bashing your head against the wall again (I don't want you to hurt yourself), but do you guys think someone as technically challenged as me should get one of these things?

My aim is to get a more unadulterated flavour, and also to be able to try different flavours without using up all my clearos and having to clean them out all the time. Plus I just want something plastic-free and pretty to vape with. But reading this is making me nervous...I'm really not interested in blowing my face up or anything like that.

Any advice?
    Last edited by JenJ; 07-05-13 at 05:26 PM.

CCC
    Same reason i never got one, thought if i need a multi whatsie it must be able to zap me or something. Interested to see what others say.

AVF Regular
    Multimeter need is only to check resistance.
    If you have a Vamo, provari, groove or Stoney ECD no need for a multimeter because they have inbuilt resistance checkers.
    If you don't have one of those or a multimeter, you would simply have to apply more planning and physical checking to your build.

Strongly recommend that if yo get one of these, and they are great IMO, you have some checking device (such as above) to make sure your coil is not a short before putting it on your battery.
    THis process can be explained in clear language, but there is a real, but worthwhile learning and responsibility curve.
    Mushman and JenJ like this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Short answer ----------No. (But) A few of the ladys around here cant be considered tech heads, but they have bitten the bullet and had a go. Its a learning curve and as long as you have some patience, give it a go, if only to see what its all about. There is more than one person that will be able to help you along. Lost of stuff on the interweb to teach you the basics of a multimeter, which for your purposes will cost less than ten bucks at **** Smiths. Give it a go, and if you cant fathom it out, put it up on the classifieds.
    Mushman, JenJ and ultravape like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

They are a really nice vape JenJ, and not too hard to rebuild - but I dunno what you build like

The multimeter is only needed (in a safety sense) to make sure you haven’t shorted it.

If you have a Vamo, eVic provari etc (something with a display), you will be able to use it as your multimeter to check the resistance (Ωs) - but mods with displays have short protection anyway, so you are covered safety wise whether you know the resistance or not.
    Mushman and JenJ like this.

Oh - hehe, snap!

AVF Regular
    Sigh...

My dad was an electrician, I'm sure he'd have had a multimeter thingy in his tool kit, but when he died I gave his stuff away. Damn...I remember him always fiddling around and he had this box thingy that he would connect to other thingys to check their thingy. I guess that was a multimeter? Probably a really good quality one too, knowing Dad. Who-da thought I'd be wanting it now.

This is a next-vaping-step I'm really not sure I'm cut out for...

AVF Regular
    its not as hard as it seems. Take silica wick, wrap 4 loops of wire close together around it , but not touching each other, secure wire on posts, bend up wick a tad so its not hitting the bottom and vape - The mesh based wicks are the ones that are more difficult. If you have a vv device with a lcd it will tell you the ohms, but really just adjust to taste and your fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mushman and CCC like this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

My recommendation is you find someone who has one, or something similar, and try it. Have a look and see the insides first hand. Then try it again.

That way you will know if its worth the effort before you buy one.

Alternatively, just get one, and if you dont like it, sell it on here. My calculations tell me it will take approximately 14.25 minutes to sell

AVF Regular
    Mick I don't have a vv. I don't like the look of them dildo things, and I'm very attached to my ego twist. I'm gonna get a couple more in different colours.

That's why I like this Eternity because it looks so good on an ego.

But you make it sound easy, and I have watched a few youtubes so I sorta know what I'm in for.

Maybe I will get a multimadder from **** Smith's and have a go. If I don't blow my face off, at least it will keep me distracted from the fags for a while longer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast