Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Smoktech RDA bottom feed mod

was looking through ECF for stuff on the ERA and air hole size, looks like 1.2mm is the go. But i stumbled on this! Looks like i will be hitting up simon and tim for some RDAs

Easy bottom feed modification for the Phoenix v4 (ERA clone) RBA

hope this helps all those Reo users wanting an ERA

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Ohhh I wanted to do this to an RDA from the moment I saw them. Thanks MMM! <3
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

AVF Regular
    Looks good. I ripped a part the Big smoke era clone to try and convert into a bottom feed and completely rooted it. That was before this came along.
    Last edited by ckane; 09-05-13 at 08:05 AM.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    yeah i saw this and i had to give it a go! Gotta get my hands on one now.

Hey Ckane, wondering, what airhole size are you running on the hornet?

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    The Airhole is stock on my Hornet, I think it's about .8 of a mm. I did have some burs in the air hole when I fist got it. Are you lining the air hole up with the coil? Also I keep the air hole facing up or the juice floods the coil.

AVF Regular
    yeah i am i think its the coil i made. I used some .2 kanthal instead of my usual .16 nichrome and the vape was pretty sub par. Ripped it out and put the usual back in with a kick and its good again. Wanted to go lower ohm to use unregulated but alas, no avail. I tried less wraps on the .16 NChr but it was just burning the juice so thought more surface area with a thicker wire, but man it was anemic.

and Oh snap, are the air holes on the hornet and ERA .8mm?! thought it would have been 1mm

AVF Regular
    Looking at the air hole with a ruler it looks a bit under 1mm, would need a drill bit to confirm it. I am running kanthal 32 awg two wraps on the reo seems to be working well.

AVF Regular
    Oh sweet thanks for the heads up in the setup. What wick are you using?

AVF Regular
    Just 1 piece of 3mm wick I got off stoney. It's coming in at around 1.3 ohms.

AVF Regular
    2 wrap is giving you 1.3 ohm? I was doing 4 wrap on doubled over 2.5mm silica and it was coming out at 1.4 ohm. I'm confused lol unless I am reading wrong as I am driving at the same time...yes shouldn't be doing this right at this instance lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast