Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A new carto...

Super Moderator

Thumbs up A new carto...

...really tastes like arse. I think Stoney has said a similar thing in the distant past, but I am always reticent to toss my trusty 1.5week old bedded in carto.. just tastes so good, but the vapour production starts to wane and cleaning it results in a shithouse taste.

The breaking in period begins again, hoping it doesn't fail and wind up as burning death.

i have a theory .. no cartos to test on.
    may result in early burning death .. but have you tried a couple of quick pulses of heat before filling.
    i am now thinking its the heater oxidising, which it can't do for days when juice covered but can do in seconds with no juice.

now the heater is inside a fibreglass tube and surrounded by tissue, so a 2 second burst of watts should not allow the paper to burn immediately.
    allow a few more seconds to cool .. repeat about 3 times i reckon..

you could even blow through the carto while doing it to aircool i reckon.

i reckon this could do the 3 day break in period in seconds.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    i have a theory .. no cartos to test on.
    may result in early burning death .. but have you tried a couple of quick pulses of heat before filling.
    i am now thinking its the heater oxidising, which it can't do for days when juice covered but can do in seconds with no juice.

now the heater is inside a fibreglass tube and surrounded by tissue, so a 2 second burst of watts should not allow the paper to burn immediately.
    allow a few more seconds to cool .. repeat about 3 times i reckon..

you could even blow through the carto while doing it to aircool i reckon.

i reckon this could do the 3 day break in period in seconds.
    Interesting thought. I might try that on my last remaining carto when I change this one out.. this one doesn't seem to be a dud.. but I've had a few lately.

You on RBA's now?

pretty much, usually a tank running silica wick.
    i am lazy.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    The best tasting cartos I found are the new ones from VK. They're $2 a pop now but soon they'll be $1 a pop. They have one large slot instead of the normal 2 holes. They work great!

AVF Regular
    Onya honey. Was waiting for someone to give them a thumbs up.

Juddy, not that I mistrust Stoney's theories *cough* i just blew the crap outta something. *cough*' but would you really want to test it on your last remaining carto?
    gtadmin and davee like this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post

Juddy, not that I mistrust Stoney's theories *cough* i just blew the crap outta something. *cough*' but would you really want to test it on your last remaining carto?
    Good point about the carto, but even Edison blew up a few light bulbs.. maybe.

and he is not averse to a bit of cheating ..

Thomas Edison designed a bulb that was supposed to last forever, called the Eternal Light, and turned it on on October 22, 1929. The bulb is located in the Memorial Tower at the Edison Memorial Museum in Menlo Park, New Jersey. The tower fell down in 1937, but the bulb's power was supposedly uninterrupted, according to General Electric, and the bulb continued to burn while a second tower was constructed. However, according to museum curator Jack Stanley, the bulb is fake, consisting of a hollow bulb illuminated by a series of automobile headlights mounted in the display's base.[2]

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Excuse me. I'm still here buddy. Hands off
    308hjute likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hmm i've been having a good run with my boge f16 cartos. I've changed my filling technique slightly so i'm not sure if it's that or i'm just having a good run.

FYI I hate the taste of a week old carto.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast