Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mickg33
  • 1 Post By urecia

Thread: Problem genesis DID atomiser

AVF Regular

Problem genesis DID atomiser

Guys,

I have been vaping with normal clearomisers till this stage. Thought i give it a upgrade and bought the DID genesis atomiser yesterday. With all the reviews, thought i wanted something with a better flavor.

Looked on all the videos and tutorials of setting up the mesh and coil. I got a 5/6 wrap with the included coil and got 2.3 resistance. Tried it with 7-9w and tested my preference.

Thing i noticed with atomisers is, they dont seem to give as much vapor as the clearomisers, both running the same liquid. Also, the atomisers give a very chemical taste, and a very strong throat kick. Feels like its not burning right through. Also i feel like i couldnt breathe after each puff from the atomiser.

Made my own 50/50 pg/vg non nic watermelon juice. Tried it on the atomiser, and hurt my throat. Then i tested the same liquid in a new standard clearomiser, and it was so very smooth, heaps of vapor like i was just puffing water. No airway resistance as well.

Im using the mesh and coil included in the box that came with it, so no idea what mesh or coil it is. Did all my oxidising, hotspot checking and everything seems ok.

Just wanna ask whether this is how atomiser usually works? Never tried atomiser, so i cant compare. Also, i've seen people replacing the mesh wick with normal cotton wick. No hotspots, and no need oxidising either. Might be the way to go?

AVF Regular
    if its set up right it will give more vapor and flavour than a clearo with a mesh wick. The nasty taste you have is either a dry hit or short. You should test that all the coils are glowing evenly red prior to putting any juice in, and that they are touching the wick.
    second_chance likes this.
    I have 50% Originals and 50% clones, am too lazy to try to change the world and bored with the whole debate

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    if its set up right it will give more vapor and flavour than a clearo with a mesh wick. The nasty taste you have is either a dry hit or short. You should test that all the coils are glowing evenly red prior to putting any juice in, and that they are touching the wick.
    yes, i think i am getting dry hits. not producing as much vapor either. I'll probably redo again mesh and coil. Does the cigarette paper method for setting up coil work?

AVF Regular
    ok so i have re-setup my wick and coil and getting 1.5 resistance.

This time i realign my air hole to be right on top of wick, and horizontal vaping with liquid submerging the wick. Wolla, good vapor, no dry hits, and the taste is superb. Vaping at 7-8 watts with vamo v2. probably still getting 1 or 2 hotspots but not bothering me for now. Hot spots dont come on till 4 secs or more.

Think i got it right? I'm such a noob.
    lheamfrg likes this.

Sounds like you got it pretty good. You can get it so that there's no hotspots at all and you can pull on it for much more than 4 seconds.

My advice is enjoy it while its working for you. When you find your tank is empty, or almost empty, try sucking out the remaining juice and fixing your coil so it glows evenly. It's best to fiddle with your coil as its glowing, the wires move easy and you will see the hotspots coming and going. When it glows brightest in the center, not at the top and not on the legs, then you are in business. Take note of the resistance when it is 100%. If you get a short which causes a hotspot, your resistance will drop and you will know right away that something needs attention.

When you get it glowing right, crank up the voltage by a little bit, pulse it and check for hotspots again. Keep pumping the voltage as you do this until you get up to at least 4v, higher if you want to vape it at higher watts. If your coil behaves at a higher voltage, when you lower it to your desired setting you should have no problems.

You can always fix a coil, so you shouldn't need to go back to square one unless the wick is the problem.