• 2 Post By jen
  • 3 Post By izmali
  • 1 Post By Ozzie
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 2 Post By Ozzie

Thread: i bought this kit what is it? - newbie

i bought this kit what is it? - newbie

e-cigarette-australian-kits.jpg

just starting, bought this, obviously Chinese, pack from cignall.
    i sought of understand the concept, but is this ok?, - its just charging now, haven't used it yet.
    can i get different cartridges for it?
    the cartridge says MB-H what does that mean?
    what do you guys call this model on this site so i can look it up?
    Last edited by russtic; 12-05-13 at 04:17 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by russtic View Post
    e-cigarette-australian-kits.jpg

just starting, bought this, obviously Chinese, pack from cignall.
    i sought of understand the concept, but is this ok?, - its just charging now, haven't used it yet.
    can i get different cartridges for it?
    the cartridge says MB-H what does that mean?
    They will most likely sell refills. You could also buy other refillable cartridges from anywhere and fill with your own juice.

MB-H may be their code for 'Marlboro' flavour high nicotine (or not). Browse through their site, it will probably tell you.

looks very much like a box of shit, sorry but those lil battery's dont last very long and dont provide enough power to give you a satisfying vape (low vapor production and a cold draw) there is a newb shopping list here on AVF that has the stuff you want.

Newbie shopping list Edited

GOOD LUCK and enjoy your vaping path
    Last edited by RIDING OLD SKOOL; 12-05-13 at 04:41 PM.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

jen
    AVF Regular
    Congrats on taking the first step

riding old skool linked you to a great post, have a squiz in there.

If you do decide to go the ego, that site you bought the (no nicotine) kit from is a total rip off, so def use a diff one.
    shipo and lheamfrg like this.

AVF Regular
    Started on that kit myself one thing I learned early is u have to get past a cigalike to get the best results. Was ok but nothing compared to compared to a decent 510 and miles below an ego but it was enough to get me interested in the better stuff just out of curiosity Wat did the charge u for that.

If u wanna upgrade check out Electronic Cigarette Australia E-Liquid Vaping Cobra they have the best priced starter kits and either mt baker vapor or health cabin for premix flavours and flavorless nic.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL, jen and lheamfrg like this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Those kits are definitely crap and I would guess you were overcharged for them.
    The ego kits are the way to go for newbies and suggest you look on here for approved vendors who will sell you decent product and the right price.
    The previous suggestions for nicotine juices are good ones. I have used both Mt Baker Vapor and Health Cabin and never had a problem.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by russtic View Post
    what do you guys call this model on this site so i can look it up?
    It's a purely Chinese invention as far as I can tell. The cartidges just stab on the end of the battery because they don't use the 510 type threads or any others that most of us probably use.

I know someone using a similar kit. Since they only smoked 2 or three cigarettes a day and will quit the cigarettes and the nicotine vape easily then this was probably fine even though I tried to talk them into something threaded and with larger batteries. You wouldn't want to pay more than say $20 for this. They probably make it for < $2. If I was stranded and lost my equipment and this was all that was available, I'd buy it just to make sure I stayed off the cigarettes. From what I've seen not all of the cartridges in any one packet actually work. Failure rate might be 1 in 5 or higher and the mode of failure seems to be completely open circuit or very bad contact - no vapour is produced or very little vapour.

If you were a PAD (pack a day) smoker then you will certainly struggle with this kit. A battery and cartridge will last you maybe an hour. Assuming you can get cartridges quickly and easily give it a go, however start investigating alternatives along the lines that others have suggested in this thread.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Mini e-cig, V9, e-health e-cigarette, are some of the names they are called if you really want them.
    About $4 each from alibaba but MOQ is usually no less than 10 and add freight.
    Profiteering is high amongst people who sell them usually for $40 or more.
    They are still crap. Better kits can be bought for less in Au.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and jen like this.

My wife always forgives me when she is wrong.