Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kay67kay

Thread: Innokin iClear 16 becoming battery specific?

Innokin iClear 16 becoming battery specific?

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can help. I recently bought some Innokin iClear 16's to try. I have 3 eGo batteries, 1 in 900 & 2x 650mAh.
    I've been sold on the iClear and found them to be a real step up from the Stardusts I've used to date in terms of vapour.

The problem is, I was mid vape and had to change battery and when I screwed it onto the new battery found it wasn't working. Battery light on, but no heat or vapour.
    I use the pass through batteries so i put it back on the dead charging one and all was fine. Tried a different iClear on the other battery and all is fine too. I pulled the clearo apart and cleaned it, having a good look and trying to compare with another working one and couldn't find any difference. Rebuilt it, filled and tried again and still only worked on the one battery.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this as I've just found it has now happened to a second iClear ( I never had this issue with stardusts and can say I'm sure i don't screw them onto the battery too tight or anything) so this has me completely puzzled.

Cheers & thanks,
    Paul

AVF Regular
    probably something to do with the connection thingy on the bottom of the iclears. they're probably a bit further in than the connectors on the other 2 batteries can reach. maybe try grabbing the connection on the iclears and wiggling it down just a wee bit further with a pair of tweezers or something, so the other batteries can touch it. but gently. I've stuffed a t3 coil by being too vigorous with it.
    Fatman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    probably something to do with the connection thingy on the bottom of the iclears. they're probably a bit further in than the connectors on the other 2 batteries can reach. maybe try grabbing the connection on the iclears and wiggling it down just a wee bit further with a pair of tweezers or something, so the other batteries can touch it. but gently. I've stuffed a t3 coil by being too vigorous with it.
    Thanks Kay... will give it a try

AVF Regular
    What K say said shud fix the prob...u might need a little more pulling powee ie long nose pliers but yes...be gentle...i use them too and this has fixed the odd one with that problem. It doesnt need to move much...

Super Moderator
    Generally if you have ego's, it's the battery connector that drops down.

You can actually wiggle it back up, just remember not to screw atomizers down too hard. Just enough till you get some resistance.

Thanks Kay, you nailed it... Fixed both with no issues now. Luckily one was empty so I found that it was a lot easier to disassemble the carto and push it (the "connection thingy") down from the inside. Also discovered a trap for young players... Dont push too hard or it pops out!!! Then took me ages to work out that the little rubber grommet had to be positioned first and then push the "connection thingy" into place.

Too easy... Well almost.

AVF Regular
    glad you got it sorted