Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Big Ev
  • 1 Post By Michael-Mikey-Mike
  • 2 Post By Nuclear

Thread: Flooding/Leaking AGR Tank

Flooding/Leaking AGR Tank

Hi all,
    After grabbing my vamo out of my pocket by the carto tank and subsequently getting juice all over my pants, hands, vamo etc etc, i decided to look into locking carto tanks.
    Following pbusardo's stellar review of the AGR locking tank I started looking around for vendors that ship to Aus. Luckily Vapeking started stocking them just as i was about to buy from the US, so i quickly grabbed one.
    I assembled it and filled it as described by Phil, but for the life of me i just cannot seem to get the bastard to not be leaky/gurguly. Now i have juice in my mouth and on my keyboard...motherflipper!
    Any ideas??? What am i doing wrong? I used a syringe and made sure there was plenty of airflow. All the screwing bits are nice and tight.

Luckily I also got some BCC replacement heads and i still have my F16 carto tank sso im still good for that but im a little annoyed that i cant get this to work. The idea of me pulling my Vamo out of my pocket and NOT getting juice all over my things is something that really floats my boat...who would have thunk it?

Thanks

Same thing happened to me when using a normal LR Boge carto that I punched two holes into.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm going to try punching only one hole in a normal LR Boge Carto.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 14-05-13 at 08:16 PM.

I got one of these coming tomorrow. Are you using a mainly PG or VG mix? The thinner juices might leak easier but I use 100% VG. Could be the problem? I'll update once I get mine, it could be a bad batch or something

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffs View Post
    I got one of these coming tomorrow. Are you using a mainly PG or VG mix? The thinner juices might leak easier but I use 100% VG. Could be the problem? I'll update once I get mine, it could be a bad batch or something
    I used 20%VG myself.

AVF Regular
    Are these tanks the ones with the filler screw on the top cap? Just thinking that if that filler screw was not sealing properly then it may allow air in and therefore the liquid may 'flow' into the carto rather than just be replaced when needed through the carto holes.

Just a thought.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

I'm on a 50/50 PG/VG mix. I can't get a higher VG mix atm since all my juices are 100%.
    Smaller holes on the carto would be key I think. I'm using prepunched cartos for the record.
    Yep... These have the Phil hole up top. Its a little annoying that only the smaller drip tips fit but the convenience of filling out weighs that. The screw does seem tight though.

AVF Regular
    also be careful when filling through the fill hole. Make sure you still have some air flow or you will create pressure and push juice through the carto when filling and flood it
    phxrxonic likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Sounds like the pressure created filling it. I just got mine from VapeKing so I'll need to test it out.

Just tried mine out. with the 100% VG I am getting a bit of leaking too. Only a few drips but I think it might have been pressure as phxrxonic said. I wasn't very careful when i screwed it all back down. Then I dismantled it and got juice all over my lap haha. I re-did it and payed more attention and no more leaking yet. will update if it does though

Im a total noob for this, but the problem i was having wasn't pressure filling the carto at all...
    Because the fill screw is fairly large, my pawn style drip tip didnt sit quite right on the tank. It seemed snug enough, but slightly ajar. I managed to lose that drip tip somewhere around here and decided to put the drip tip that came with the A8 i bought a while ago. Given that this one is quite cylindrical, it fit perfectly and suddenly the leaking disappeared.
    So there it is. My problem was that the tip didnt fit right.

The more you know!
    margyb and lheamfrg like this.