Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ckane
  • 1 Post By Fatman

Thread: Reo catch cup o ring?

AVF Regular

Reo catch cup o ring?

To all you Reo users,

Just wondering is it 'a need to use' the o-ring when using an RBA on the Reo? Using the ERA and i have used it with and without the o-ring. I can't tell if i am getting a better vape with or without. I use it more just in case if i push the post in the Reo too far. But i remember on the ERA 1.5 they shortened the 510 connector so it doesn't damage the Reo in any way.

So is the o-ring a must use still in the Reo with the ERA or with any other topper that has a standard 510 connector (standard meaning its not too long)

I can twist the ERA down a little further (about 1/8 a turn) further without the o-ring. Dunno if its damaging the Reo. I have yet to kill a mod (since the vmax) by over tightening (but that thing was dodgy anyway).

Cheers

MMM

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Pretty sure it is just so you can adjust where the hole on the RBA is.

Current gear: Provari, Zenesis *ASH*, Zenesis standard, ZAP, REO VV and Grand, Zenesis Sidewinder, Penelope, GG TS, Ithaka.

AVF Regular
    thanks bart. Yeah i been playing around with it, without the o-ring i seem to be getting warmer vape (maybe making better connection?) but with the o-ring, i cranked it down a bit harder (its still not as far in as it would be without the o-ring) and it seems a to be the same warmth (it was almost 1/4 turn less before with the o-ring compared to no o-ring). It might be in my head i dunno! :S

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    I think the o-ring is to stop the juice going into the catch cup and also gives you a better seal. You have to remember you have a airhole on the top cap unlike attys that draw air from the 2 side holes on the 510 connector. Those 2 side airholes also feed the Atty juices from the juice cup? Or the juice drains back into the REO bottle.
    Vinny and Fatman like this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ckane View Post
    I think the o-ring is to stop the juice going into the catch cup and also gives you a better seal. You have to remember you have a airhole on the top cap unlike attys that draw air from the 2 side holes on the 510 connector. Those 2 side airholes also feed the Atty juices from the juice cup? Or the juice drains back into the REO bottle.
    This
    ckane likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them