Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Cyborg DNA - ProVari Killer?

Cyborg DNA - ProVari Killer?

What does everyone think about this?

A look at the CYBORG DNA20 Tube Mod | Ecig Advanced News

Scheduled to come out soon, but I have not seen any spec sheets. I presume it will be able to go sub ohm and it can easily convert to a mechanical.

Pretty expensive though. It will be about 250ish...

CYBORG

Could this be the next big thing?
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Brilliant. Love the concept and the screen.

But I don't see why you're comparing it to provari? This is a new innovation...

Quote Originally Posted by kingsr View Post
    Brilliant. Love the concept and the screen.

But I don't see why you're comparing it to provari? This is a new innovation...
    Yes it is a new innovation for sure.

For me, the ProVari has always been the benchmark, but it also lacks capability for those who are into mechanical sub ohm capability which I am just learning all about.

AVF Regular
    Coming out in 3 months? I bet the Chinese will have a copy out before then.
    SIMON@EcigModShop and bilbo like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I'm more surprised that the concept hasn't been used before. There is another mod coming out from one of the Euro modders, SvoёMesto I think, that uses the Nivel chip and is essentially identical in it's transformer like features. You can remove the board section and turn it into a mech or a hybrid.
    It's a fairly simple concept and I think the reason it hasn't been done before is because certain manufacturers and modders don't want their proprietary modules and components being used with 3rd party tubes/caps/devices.

I do not think it's a provari killer, it's a lot like saying Guild Wars 2 was a World of Warcraft killer. The fan base is too large in the Provari camp and the DNA20 isn't a board for everyone, honestly it's a great VW board but it caters to a more niche market, where as the Provari has a broader user base.

The Cyborg I think appeals more to the advanced user who wants some regulation, but the ability to have a mech if they so desire.
    The Provari on the other hand appeals to both the advanced and novice who want a rock solid mod that does the basics and does them well.

The concept is cool, but they've dug out a niche with the DNA20 board, and that's great.

TL;DR: I think the Cyborg is neat.

Here is the video for the SvoeMestro mod I was talking about:
    GirlyPantz, mathsguy and Big Ev like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

SvoeMestro is a nice concept.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikhme View Post
    Yes it is a new innovation for sure.

For me, the ProVari has always been the benchmark, but it also lacks capability for those who are into mechanical sub ohm capability which I am just learning all about.
    Provari deals perfectly fine with subohm coils. Just though! 0.9ohm and it's fine, 0.8 you will get complaints :P

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Provari deals perfectly fine with subohm coils. Just though! 0.9ohm and it's fine, 0.8 you will get complaints :P
    I didn't know that. I thought it will give out an error code below 1.2ohms...

Super Moderator
    DNA 20 is a fine thing , but evolv in themselves have never really show to be anywhere near Provari in the reliablity stakes .... the kick being a fine example of great idea not greatly executed ( as far as robustness goes ) .... I do like how every new fancy mod is touted as the next provari killer tho lol
    when its been on the market for years, and has proven itself , THEN its a killer
    That taken into account its a cool use of tech , and agree with rynx, more mod guys should be looking at the Nivel chip .... or hopefully soon our very own Stoney powerplant
    mathsguy likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    DNA 20 is a fine thing , but evolv in themselves have never really show to be anywhere near Provari in the reliablity stakes .... the kick being a fine example of great idea not greatly executed ( as far as robustness goes ) .... I do like how every new fancy mod is touted as the next provari killer tho lol
    when its been on the market for years, and has proven itself , THEN its a killer
    That taken into account its a cool use of tech , and agree with rynx, more mod guys should be looking at the Nivel chip .... or hopefully soon our very own Stoney powerplant
    What's a Stoney powerplant?

As to the ProVari, I think we bring it on ourselves as we hail the device so much. So we can expect it to be the benchmark for comparison in many people's book.

But I do not believe the ProVari is as reliable as people portray! No way. It is just an electronic device and it can go tits up anytime.

If reliability is the benchmark, then mechanicals are the way to go!
    phxrxonic likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast