Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: I want a new Mod/APV. Suggestions?

thk

I want a new Mod/APV. Suggestions?

Have been reading these forums for a long time, but this is my first post. Nobody I know vapes and was looking for some opinions.

I'm relatively new to vaping though I have fallen in pretty deep since I started. I'm currently using an E Vic with a Kanger Protank and am extremely happy with both. Getting a great vape every time, no complaints.

But, i'm kinda obsessed with vaping, and I want another Mod/APV to mix things up a bit. From what i've seen on Youtube etc., i'm especially interested in box mods.

From watching countless reviews i'm tossing up between going for something cheaper like an Innokin iTaste MPV, or saving up for an Evolv Darwin. Would anyone recommend either of these? Or suggest another, better alternative? Or should i just get a Vamo? Ultimately, i'd like them all.

Hope this doesn't seem like a boring question or one that has been covered in depth elsewhere, but the opportunity to actually talk with someone else about vaping is exciting.
    Last edited by thk; 17-05-13 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Mistake...
    Milkman_ likes this.
    MVP, K100, Evic.
    RSST, EVOD BCC, VIVI NOVA, DCT TANK.

AVF Regular
    Get a reo. At least it will last

AVF Regular
    ummm ... not sure if anyone has pointed this out or not, but a vamo isn't a box mod. just sayin'

welcome to the mad house i'm interested in box mods, too, so will watch this space avidly. (I did have a groove for a lil while, but had some issues with it, so passed it on)

Jas
    AVF Regular
    Provari v2.5 black, blue LED wrapped in j-wraps black carbon fibber and a Ebaron pro dripper RBA and some extra packs of LR ceramics and coils.
    Best thing in the world, Just got mine today and its more then just a dripper this beast holds your juice for a while before topping up, and on the refil i can get 10 drops in easy without leaking.

Ohh sorry thk welcome to the forum, mate there are so many options out there and you can get abit silly when bying mods e.t.c, also if you have a misses/partner you relationship will go down the gurgller unless shes/he is a vaper also. Im currently working on my third and looks like 4th wont be to far away.
    Either way back on topic, Whatever works for you and makes you happy and makes you enjoy this wonderful love of vaping is a winner. there is alot to take in so try and not spend and go crazy coz you will end up with your gear in the classies sooner or later like myself.
    All the mods you have listed are very good mods to have but remember you dont need them all, unless your soth lol, Stick with the evic for now if its working and the protank and later if you wanna go for a more pricy mod then i would say provari.
    Hope this helps bud.

thk
    Thanks for the replies, yeah I didn't really make that clear re: the Vamo. I only mentioned it because everywhere i look everyone just seems to recommend the Vamo, especially for the price. Was wondering if i should just forget the box mod and go for one of those.

The Reo Grande looks great, definitely an option over the Darwin if i decide to spend that much.
    MVP, K100, Evic.

AVF Regular
    Cheep cheep!

Might need to learn how to solder though.

thk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    also if you have a misses/partner you relationship will go down the gurgller unless shes/he is a vaper also.
    My partner is just happy i'm not smoking analogs any more. So, looks like vaping is saving the relationship so far.

I've been looking at the Provari and it looks really impressive, will add it to the list.

Like I said, its just cool to be able to have a conversation about vaping that doesn't consist of me explaining the basics to my friends/letting them have a puff.
    MVP, K100, Evic.

Super Moderator
    Another vote for the Reo , or if you are the kind to treat your mods kindly , look into a bogger box or similar for a top quality wooden box mod . I just love the look and feel of a well crafted wooden mod , not for everyone tho , but makes an excellent coffee table vaper .

I dont know why , but I also like the kazulinho mods Kazulinho Mods ... rumour has it Rui is working on a VW version , I will certainly want to try one out

But really its all about what YOU find interesting , and what works for YOU THK

One thing about vaping , it covers the whole range from$10 diy to hundreds for a shiny , when you break it down , its just really a battery powering some glowing wire ... the rest is just variation on a theme .... My justification is , with the amount you save by not smoking , a few hundred for a mod you like the look and feel of is really only 3 weeks worth of cigarette butts in the ashtray anyway
    308hjute likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Provari v2.5 black, blue LED wrapped in j-wraps black carbon fibber and a Ebaron pro dripper RBA and some extra packs of LR ceramics and coils.
    Best thing in the world, Just got mine today and its more then just a dripper this beast holds your juice for a while before topping up, and on the refil i can get 10 drops in easy without leaking.

Ohh sorry thk welcome to the forum, mate there are so many options out there and you can get abit silly when bying mods e.t.c, also if you have a misses/partner you relationship will go down the gurgller unless shes/he is a vaper also. Im currently working on my third and looks like 4th wont be to far away.
    Either way back on topic, Whatever works for you and makes you happy and makes you enjoy this wonderful love of vaping is a winner. there is alot to take in so try and not spend and go crazy coz you will end up with your gear in the classies sooner or later like myself.
    All the mods you have listed are very good mods to have but remember you dont need them all, unless your soth lol, Stick with the evic for now if its working and the protank and later if you wanna go for a more pricy mod then i would say provari.
    Hope this helps bud.
    Or just become a playa, would be easier
    Jas and conner83 like this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

thk
    Thanks very much for the ideas.

Think I'm still leaning towards the Itaste just to have as a back up/coffee table mod, especially for the price. But might hold off a bit and get the provari.

Anyways, thanks again. Just got some vape mail, so I'm off to have some fun.
    MVP, K100, Evic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast