Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stabs

Thread: Stabs having a crack at a Hybrid Wick

AVF Regular

Stabs having a crack at a Hybrid Wick

So I was thinking of Second Chances SS Wick in the Kayfun mini 2.1 and Soth runs a U wick, yet to see it. I had a crack at one and failed miserably but I didn't have a proper torch for oxidizing the SS. Anyway got home today, the Killer 705 is just the bomb.

Started looking at my kayfun........Lets have another crack.......so I ended up at 1.4ohm 32awg on a SS mesh wrapped around some wick, sorry do not know the size Bugzme sent it with the Kayfun, he might chip in........

Slow to wick at first, thought I had failed, I had about 4 wraps of 325 SS around it, I will tinker again with it, I just wanted to see if it worked. Then about 2 minutes later she fires up pretty darn well, as much vapour as just Silica alone.

Tastes pretty darn good too, I am a happy chappy.......this was done to satisfy my curiosity in trying out different things, not because I am disatisified with the original performance. Couple of pics for ya's

HybridWick.jpgHybridWick2.jpg
    ckane and RichoVonBlack like this.

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

AVF Regular
    Stabs on getting some advice from Soth, sat down this afternoon to turn out a SS wick for the Kayfun mini, 325 mesh, wicks ok at the moment 1.6ohm coil 32awg kanthal. Took me awhile to work out. Then I sat down and got serious with the torch and shaping of the wick as I was having a hard time getting the coil to fire properly. So when I did pay more attention to the wicks shape trying not to kink it I had a working coil off the bat. Some pics for those interested, nothing new to any of the old hands but might be of use to the others having a crack at new things.

SSWick3.jpgSSWick2.jpgSSWick1.jpg

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....