Kayfun/Dream RBA Bottom Coil RBA, questions!

Hey All,
    I am looking for a RBA like a Kanger EVOD/T3/etc love the bottom coil compared to the Mini Nova etc.

Anyone from Aussie land have a Kayfun or The Dream or Taifun GT? Can I get some feedback on how it's going?
    This will be my first RBA! Just want to get some views before dropping $30 (Dream RBA) or $200 (KayFun) or $240 Taifun GT for the RBA. I dislike the tilting of the Genesis style. i have watched heaps of youtube reviews on the devices but I want someone to tell it legit a spade as a spade.

Edit: I mean Bottom Coil *shakes fist at the bottle of Bacardi*
    Last edited by gtadmin; 30-05-13 at 11:36 PM.

Daily Work Horse: iTaste MVP + Boge F16 Carto | Back-up: K100 18350/Kick + Boge F16
    Stand-by: iTaste SVD, Anyvape V2, 2x Ego-T 1000mha

Mods can someone fix my Thread heading to say "Kayfun/Dream/Taifun GT RBA bottom Coil RBA, questions!" Please!

Daily Work Horse: iTaste MVP + Boge F16 Carto | Back-up: K100 18350/Kick + Boge F16
    Stand-by: iTaste SVD, Anyvape V2, 2x Ego-T 1000mha

CMB
    AdamT just put a Penelope up for sale

In this class of atty I've only tried the Spheroid and the Penelope.

I've sold my Spheroid and have 2 Penelope's so you can guess what I like best.

Here's some brief points that I found between the two that may or may not help you

Spheroid :

Easy to Setup - no wire joining
    Hated the fluffy filler
    No flow control and it vaped a bit dry on some setups (especially < 1 ohm, high VG)
    Tank was a bit flimsy - dented easily
    Couldn't see the juice level
    Messy when stuffing the wicks back in after refilling
    Very good flavour and vapour

Penelope :

Can control the juice flow
    Has lots of small parts
    Harder to set up as you need to join no resistance and resistance wire (not that hard really)
    Sometimes can leak if you don't set it up right
    Can fit a clear tank
    Decent juice capacity
    Awesome flavour and vapour

Kayfun 3.1: Great! The silica reviews you would have seen. I run mine with porous ceramic wick (the hard kind) and cotton as feeder wick material. Have not put it down for about 3 weeks now and it performs brilliantly. Set up on a mechanical (Chi You) and running 28g wire for a 0.7 ohm coil. Vapour is tasty and thick. You can do what you want with them and they don't leak and the filler valve is excellent. Highly recommend it. The dream is Kayfun knock off I believe. Can't really comment as I have not tried one but have serious doubts about the quality. The Taifun looks a bit of a pain to fill with the batting and everything but if that does not bother you may be a good option. Also sets up as a genny but if I were to go for a genny it would not be a Taifun. In summary, I would go for the KF.

i think phil did a review on one of them not long ago.
    todd did the kaifun 3.1 Kayfun V3.1 ES - YouTube
    phil did the taifun GT A PBusardo Review -The Taifun GT RBA - YouTube
    and
    todd again with the Dream DREAM RBA - YouTube

hope their break down helps you decide.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, 2x Reo Grand Kicked, 1x Killer 705, 2x Diver, 2x Spheroid v2, 2x ERA RBA, 2x Vamo, JiB box mod and so much more

Have the Kayfun mini and a 3.1 on the way, used silica and SS U wick in it, (anyone want to send me their busted ceramics I will put one of them in the sucker as well). Its just a great vape I expect its big brother to be just as good and even more flexible in wick setups more room to work.

I think with some of the recent trends in Gennie designs especially top caps that focus vapor at the wick, and devices like the Ithaka, Oddy, Penelope a common theme is arrising for maximising flavour.

In saying that another option for less money could be the Killer 705 or Diver, a hotter vape, plenty of punch and plumage at 1.5 ohms but again restricted space in and around the coil, the theme continues. The A7 with plenty of wick and a 1.4ohm coil drips very well. Again that space restriction around the coil comes into play...

I now have pretty much everything I could want, next step is making my own mods and juices, watch this space er cadet....

I have a kayfun 3.1. Like all RBAs performance and flavour are dependent on setup, wick and wire. That being said I've found the kayfun with a twisted 32g kanthal coil on a 2mm figure eight silica wick (I believe NavyLifeguard demos this on his youtube vid) to probably provide the most intense flavour that I have experienced in a silica based tank rebuildable so far. I've tried untwisted wire and dual coils but a single twisted wire coil has given me the best results. I find the twisted wire intensifies the flavour and warms the vape compensating for the long draw tube.

I'm comparing this experience to the Odysseus, Ithaka and Penelope.

The kayfun does not require any no resistance wire so it is simple and easy to setup, however, unlike the gg atomizers wicking can be a little temperamental if the wicks aren't situated correctly. I've found the figure eight method to be the most reliable.

I really like the fill valve, be sure to fill it upside down, and the sensitive air control is excellent just make sure you have a tiny flat head screw driver. I also like the fact that it doesn't use ceramics. It can sometimes leak through the air hole if left on its side for any period of time.

It's very expensive and less expensive copies may provide a comparable vape but I don't regret purchasing the kayfun. So like Todd from Todd's reviews I'd recommend it to a relatively experienced enthusiast but I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who hadn't at least tried their hand on a cheaper rebuildable.

Please always keep in mind that device preference is subjective and what I like might not be what you like.