• 6 Post By alegria
  • 2 Post By Jessamine
  • 3 Post By mrsgruffy
  • 1 Post By Jessamine

Thread: Kanger Evod RECALL

Exclamation Kanger Evod RECALL

Just came across this:

URGENT: Kanger EVOD Recall due to Fire Risk

According to our customers' feedbacks and factory's information, some EVOD batteries died after charge in a short time.
    KangerTech figured out that there might be problem with 2 or 3 batches of battery cells they got from a battery factory. These
    batteries are possible to EXPLODE during charge, although the possibility is very very small.

KangerTech attached great importance to the problem and upgraded the protection of EVOD battery and have more strict quality
    control on the battery cells. The EVOD batteries we are supplying now are all improved ones, there is no such problem.

In order to avoid any serious accident, we and KangerTech decided to make the recall on old version of EVOD batteries,
    regardless of the high cost.

The potential faulty EVOD batteries are as below:
    All EVOD 650mAh batteries in matte black, yellow, blue. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    ALL EVOD 1000mAh batteries in yellow, green. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    All EVOD starter kits in yellow. Rest colors we sent before June 24.

Here is our recall procedure:

1. Please stop selling all old version EVOD batteries, including those in the starter kits immediately.
    2. Please inform all your end users to stop using old version EVOD batteries immediately.
    3. We will replace all your old version EVOD batteries and send with your future order. Please email us the quantity and color
    like below:

Replacement:
    KangerTech EVOD 650mAh manual battery,color *quantity
    KangerTech EVOD 1000mAh manual battery,color *quantity
    Noe, lastchance, margyb and 3 others like this.

I got a whole heap of evod batts but cannot remember where from for the life of me, was definitely over 6 months ago. I guess I'll just chuck them!

Good on Kanger for doing a recall though. That's LOTS of batts they'll have to reimburse for.
    margyb and jen like this.

Retired Account
    That's one of the reasons why I've made a folder in my email which shuffles all my ecig related purchase emails into the one place. It's not hard to do in gmail. Instead of deleting it, I just choose my ecig purchase folder instead. I don't have any evods as far as I know, but if I did, it would be an easy search on evod in that mail folder. Can't fault this system for keeping track of things. It's not a bad idea to keep all your online purchase documentation until you no longer use the purchases for whatever reason.
    Noe, Roxxiiangel and TheDishD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I've made a folder in my email which shuffles all my ecig related purchase emails into the one place. It's not hard to do in gmail. Instead of deleting it, I just choose my ecig purchase folder instead. I don't have any evods as far as I know, but if I did, it would be an easy search on evod in that mail folder. Can't fault this system for keeping track of things. It's not a bad idea to keep all your online purchase documentation until you no longer use the purchases for whatever reason.
    Derpy derp! Forgot about searching my gmail. Found source and sent email with link to recall info and asking for directions for refund.
    Noe likes this.

jen
    AVF Regular

AVF Regular
    eek not good at all ..
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

AVF Regular
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.