Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I'm Watching This Thread on Reddit: Kanger Evod Battery Recall. No Need to Panic Yet

AVF Regular

I'm Watching This Thread on Reddit: Kanger Evod Battery Recall. No Need to Panic Yet

margyb likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Guess we just got to wait for the dust to settle on this one first before we know what is going on

Daily Work Horse: iTaste MVP + Boge F16 Carto | Back-up: K100 18350/Kick + Boge F16
    Stand-by: iTaste SVD, Anyvape V2, 2x Ego-T 1000mha

AVF Regular
    Yep. My two haven't exploded yet.

AVF Regular
    Do you remember my package containing the only yellow battery I found went missing for a month and I had to go through the replacement process and when it finally arrived six weeks late only to be the wrong yellow. Well it was one of these recalled batteries and now heaven gifts are automatically sending me another yellow one. Lol. This yellow battery is cursed.

Wonder how I can get them to send me a green one instead.
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    LOL your story reminds me of my dad's big aversion to the colour yellow. For as long as I can remember, he's hated it and claims that it's a cursed colour which brings him nothing but bad luck and misery.

But when I was a kid, and those really cute plastic solid colour sugar bowls with white polka dots were all the rage, I fell in love with the shade of yellow those came in, and bought him one for father's day.
    He still uses it, and it's the only concession he'd ever made to anything remotely yellow.
    Except for the vintage Charger he has in his garage. But that's mustard, so it mustn't count LOL

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    LOL your story reminds me of my dad's big aversion to the colour yellow. For as long as I can remember, he's hated it and claims that it's a cursed colour which brings him nothing but bad luck and misery.

But when I was a kid, and those really cute plastic solid colour sugar bowls with white polka dots were all the rage, I fell in love with the shade of yellow those came in, and bought him one for father's day.
    He still uses it, and it's the only concession he'd ever made to anything remotely yellow.
    Except for the vintage Charger he has in his garage. But that's mustard, so it mustn't count LOL
    I am not normally a yellow person but I bought the yellow tank as part of my colour range and so needed to create the ensemble. Much prefer blues, greens, purples. (Cool side). Once I had the tank it became a mission, I am almost over it. Sent them a quick email to change colour but don't think they can. So I will get another yellow one that I won't use.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I am not normally a yellow person but I bought the yellow tank as part of my colour range and so needed to create the ensemble. Much prefer blues, greens, purples. (Cool side). Once I had the tank it became a mission, I am almost over it. Sent them a quick email to change colour but don't think they can. So I will get another yellow one that I won't use.
    It might still be useful. Not sure where this 'recall' bizzo is actually going.

AVF Regular
    If you bought from heaven gifts this is the email they sent me. They are just going to automatically send new ones.

Dear friend,

This is a group email from Heaven Gifts.

According to our customers' feedbacks and factory's information, some EVOD batteries died after charge in a short time.
    KangerTech figured out that there might be problem with 2 or 3 batches of battery cells they got from a battery factory. These
    batteries are possible to EXPLODE during charge, although the possibility is very very small.

KangerTech attached great importance to the problem and upgraded the protection of EVOD battery and have more strict quality
    control on the battery cells. The EVOD batteries we are supplying now are all improved ones, there is no such problem.

In order to avoid any serious accident, we will replace the potential faulty EVOD battery you purchased from Heaven Gifts,
    regardless of the cost.

The potential faulty EVOD battery color is as below:
    All EVOD 650mAh batteries in matte black, yellow, blue. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    ALL EVOD 1000mAh batteries in yellow, green. Rest colors we sent before June 24.
    All EVOD starter kits in yellow. Rest colors we sent before June 24.

Here is our recall procedure:

1. Please stop using your old version EVOD battery, which is from the above potential faulty.
    2. We will send you new version EVOD battery via Registered Airmail(10-25 business days) on July 19 tomorrow. You will receive
    tracking number on July 19.
    3. No need to send back the old version EVOD battery to us.

please DO REPLY this email to confirm that you already knew this serious issue.

Any question, please kinly send email to heavengifts@heaven-gifts.com for solution.

PS: The EVOD items we sell online now are improved oneS, there is no such problem.

We apologize for any inconvenience to you and your valued customers!

Regards

Heaven Gifts

Retired Account
    Seems to be a year for recalls! So far this year, we've had our car recalled, our washing machine recalled and one of our mods recalled. I've never had a recall of anything before! At work, they recalled on of the xray camera machines after a part of it fell onto a patient in the US and killed him.

AVF Regular
    Oops .............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast