Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Haaalp! Anyone taken apart a Gripper?

AVF Regular

Haaalp! Anyone taken apart a Gripper?

It had to happen. A vape breaking because I'd left it where I shouldn't have, and caused it to do the high-dive from the counter to the floor.

Anyway, the connection came away from the top (was loose anyway, all along), and I can't seat it back in. Obviously something else has shifted, meaning I can't get it all the way in.
    Has anyone taken one of these apart? I'm a bit skeered to split it open in case I permanently destroy locking lugs.
    Just a thought...

P.S. I'm relieved the ProTank didn't break off. Yay that bit, I suppose LOL
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Robray, lheamfrg and DEATHGUYJ like this.

AVF Regular
    Yay! Thanks heaps, CX

Open the battery compartment and get two fingers in there and slowly split it open gently.

I has 4 pins, if you're gentle they will just pop out.

Then get some superglue and reseat the 510 connector back in place, both sides and put it back together and leave it a while. Hot glue may also work but may be a bit thick. check the front buttons first before reassembly as the circuit boards may need pushing back in they too can pop out a bit.

Mine has been dropped numerous times and has an AusPost rubberband around it until I find the black electrical tape in the garage.

Any more questions just ask.
    Last edited by Juzm; 23-07-13 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Spelling and additions
    Noe, essiemessy and DEATHGUYJ like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Those Aust Post rubber bands are great modding items LOL
    essiemessy likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Thanks heaps to you, too, Juzm Fantastic. I love these little beauties and it's great to know that I can do this if need be. Much appreciated.
    Juzm likes this.

AVF Regular
    Well, we limped along for a few days, Li'l Grippy and me. This morning was the end, though, so I had to go ahead and schedule the surgery.
    So much for slowly and gently prising it open. Slowly and gently, but increasingly strongerly I began separating the sides. Then, Snap! two halves went asunder at great speed. Got a bit of a fright LOL.

Anyway, thankfully all four pins are intact, however looking inside revealed a cracked lug in the connector cradle. I'll have to put my thinking cap on to work out how to repair this before reseating the connector and closing the patient again. I'm thinking maybe some Araldite poured down between the cradle lugs might strengthen it.

No matter. At least I got step 1 sorted, which worried me the most.

Thanks again for the other thread and info, Juzm
    DEATHGUYJ likes this.

Yeah, they are not the best quality mods. If you want to send it to me I can give it a good going over and hot glue the bugger FOC.

Alternatively if you think it's farked and want to sell it let me know, I will transform it into an ohm meter of sorts.
    essiemessy likes this.

AVF Regular
    All good, Luvvy. But thanks for the offer.
    I can rebuild him. I have the technology (and a great pic with a clear set of instructions, thanks to you) LOL

He's not broken, really. It's just that lug which took a good knock. If I can make that rigid again, we'll be good to go. I like these things too much to part with. They're so simple, even my addled brain can understand the buttons LOL

Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    All good, Luvvy. But thanks for the offer.
    I can rebuild him. I have the technology (and a great pic with a clear set of instructions, thanks to you) LOL

He's not broken, really. It's just that lug which took a good knock. If I can make that rigid again, we'll be good to go. I like these things too much to part with. They're so simple, even my addled brain can understand the buttons LOL
    Yeah, they are good. I'm chuffing on mine right now hidden in a toilet cubicle at work. I guess it's better the lug needing repair than us breaking attys all the time.

Sent from a Note 2 on the International Vape Station using an unobtanium dripping atty with a kryptonite drip tip.
    essiemessy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast